Stone/spines

Brutal Justice

I am thinking about making a stone/spines tank.  I was wondering about other people’s thoughts for this.  I don’t remember exactly how granite works, are you able to run tough and weave with granite?  Are they even needed?  Would mud-pots and quills slotted for damage help with the -rech and -dam.  Too end heavy?  Spring attack for comic relief and mobility?  Roll as a brute instead?  Just wanted to get some thoughts or gameplay experiences from people who have tried it. 

Thanks

Guardian survivor

I don’t remember exactly how granite works, are you able to run tough and weave with granite?

Yes.

Are they even needed?

Weave, probably (but you could get around that).  Tough, no.

Would mud-pots and quills slotted for damage help with the -rech and -dam.

They'd help with the -rech, after a fashion.  They're not exactly boss-killers to begin with in the damage department, though; they'll help with maintaining aggro but probably aren't enough on their own.

Too end heavy?

Oh heck yes, basically all SA builds are.  This is one of the many SA problems every build has to solve somehow.

Spring attack for comic relief and mobility?

Comic relief, sure.  But it has a base cooldown of 2 minutes already; and you're probably full up on pools with Fighting, Leadership, Teleport, and Speed.  You might be able to drop Leadership or even Fighting for it... it's still going to be a "once in a while" power.

Roll as a brute instead?

You can make an interesting Brute build this way, but I have a lot of trouble imagining a good Brute build around Granite.

Just wanted to get some thoughts or gameplay experiences from people who have tried it. 

So FWIW I haven't ever played a Stone Brute, or a Stone Tanker since i...10?  ish?  I'm doing this by the numbers for the most part.  I can tell you what your challenges are but your subjective experience is going to vary.

No-Set Builds: Tanker Scrapper Brute Stalker