Is this a bug? This seems like a bug.

Shinobu

I've run Brigg's Comicon fire farm quite a bit and I enjoy it, so I thought I'd try out the smashing/lethal version on my electric/shield scrapper.  My scrapper is softcapped to all positions:

4UBn7OO.jpg

And I have 58% smashing resistance as you can see.  I run a Council Earth farm at +4/8, I'm 50 +1, I have no issues at all.

Despite this, when I entered Brigg's smashing/lethal version of his farm, I died so quickly, I decided that maybe somehow I didn't have my toggles on.  So I double-checked everything and went in again --  two more times, same results.

Vzagzj3.jpg

When I checked the logs, I could see that Stephan (who is clearly a boss) had a 95% chance to hit me with his Savage Leap AoE power, and hit me for 482.91 points of lethal damage -- well over a quarter of my health.  Um... what?

I also have Rune of Protection and I thought I had it running at the time, but just to be sure, I waited for it to refresh, then tried again:

pnBlg9F.jpg

SNlkyRq.jpg

As you can see, I'm sitting at 54% AoE Defense, and 75% (capped for a scrapper) smashing resist (same for lethal although I only display smashing).  And yet, Stephan has a 95% chance to hit with his Savage Leap AoE, and Donovan (another boss I think?) has an 84.50% chance to hit.  They're still hitting for a ton of damage -- not as much as that 482.91 point hit, but if 235.02 points of damage is only 25% of the actual hit, then Stephan has a pretty amazing AoE there.  Those Shurikens and Throwing Knives hit pretty hard, too.

What I want to know is, is this working properly?  In particular should any kind of boss, let alone an Elite Boss or AV, have a 95% chance to hit me when I'm more than 5 points over the softcap?  I know softcap just means an even-con enemy (minion?) only has a 5% chance to hit you... these enemies are effectively 3 levels above me and the bosses are the ones hitting me so easily, but I still don't see how that adds up to a 95% chance to hit.

Edit:  I do see now that it says "Savage Leap is autohit".  Is that true?  But autohit would be more than 95% chance to hit, yes?

• 1 month later

I realize this is a super late response, but I redid that farm. The dmg output was through the rough. I was going through several versions of it trying to find a happy medium. You probably were in it when it was still in its testing period. Sadly, I had to keep a power in there with a small KB chance, but it's the only way I can keep XP at 100% without being slaughtered the moment you enter.

Generally, though, if you're running a S&L Lethal farm, your build will typically have KB Resistance.

I also have a S&L Outdoor Farm as well for those who don't like low ceilings - like me.

ArcID #125 Bloody Rainbow: Comic Con Fire Farm;  ArcID #2551 Comic Con Fire Farm: Cave Edition

ArcID #133 Comic Con S&L Farm;  ArcID #9911 Comic Con S&L Outdoor Edition

ArcID #2915 $Comic Con Fire Farm$ArcID #11612 $Comic Con Fire Farm Outdoor Map$

ArcID #16607 $Comic Con S&L Caves$ArcID #16610 $Comic Con S&L Outdoor$