Lets Talk Enhancements

smnolimits43

48 minutes ago, smnolimits43 said:

I wasn't sure where to post this, but i'm curious, what i should be slotting lvls 1-50 ??? Are basic IOs better than SOs ??

Basically, level 25 generic IOs are like an SO that is -1 to your level, and level 30 generic IOs are on par with a +1 SO.  Here is a good primer on the subject.  If you're looking for general advice, here are a few suggestions, (obviously tailor things to your liking or needs - These assume roughly same-level SO levels of enhancement value):

1. For attacks, slot 2 acc & 3 dmg.  The last slot can be for recharge, end reduction, special effects, or omitted if the slots are needed elsewhere.

2. For armor powers, I generally just do 3x defense or resist, depending upon the power type.

3. For control powers, I'll usually try to balance it out, so something like 2 acc, 2 recharge, 2 of the mez type (hold, stun, etc).  The only exceptions are sleeps and immobilizes, which typically have plenty of duration inherently.

4. Buff powers I treat similar to armors - 3x of whatever they affect, (end mod, def, res, healing, etc), plus a recharge or other such utility.

Lastly, I just want to talk about overall strategies for slotting - I generally use only drops until about level 22, at which point I'll slot generic level 25 IOs, as they'll last me until 50 and never expire.  This advice also doesn't take into account set bonuses or other unique IOs.

• Thanks 2

• 11 months later