Nasty Bug in "Take Down Cockatrice" Mission from Praetor Sinclair

Astralock

There's a level 10 - 14 mission from Praetor Sinclair titled "Take Down Cockatrice."  At one point in the mission, you encounter Belladonna Vetrano, who says something, and then teleports out.  You're immediately hit with ambush waves of Resistance.

Well, on a level 14 Robotics/Nature Affinity Mastermind, that's not what happened.  Belladonna Vetrano said something to me (what she is supposed to say), and "teleported" out.  But she didn't teleport... she merely turned completely invisible and untargetable, and started attacking my robot henchmen.  She took them all out in a few hits.  Then I was hit with the Resistance ambush waves.  I kept having to repeatedly resummon and re-equip my robot henchmen, between the Resistance ambush waves and the invisible and untargetable Belladonna Vetrano repeatedly destroying them.  To make matters worse, Belladonna started following me around, repeatedly taking out my bots and I could do nothing about it.

I strongly suspect that Belladonna Vetrano is flagged to become invisible and ignore PCs when she "teleports out," but does not ignore pets.  I checked the combat log and the pet combat log and confirmed that, outside of AoE attacks like Bullet Rain, she completely ignored me and focused only on my henchmen.

Please fix this as this makes the mission extremely difficult for Masterminds to complete.  I barely did so.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 10 months later

It's not specific to masterminds, she did this to my brute as well.

A GM suggested it might be something do with a confuse effect from myself or another enemy, but there is no combat before this for such an effect to land on her.  (I don't think resistance has any units that inflict confuse)

(In case it matters, I was doing the mission through the pillar of ice and fire)

Edited by veeforveectory
extra details
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 3 months later

Can confirm Belladona goes invisible and starts attacking the player. I was just speaking to her on a tanker. Maybe she's susceptible to taunt/taunt auras and giving this version of Belladona taunt immunity or 100% taunt resistance could fix it. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1