Water/temporal help

cgargano

I am a new player and new to blaster and Water temporal seemed like fun. I am leveling now and could use some some of the mechanics to play better. Mostly, I assume tidal forces is used mostly on cool down but what about Chronos?  Is there an ideal time when to use. Also any strategies for tracking tidal power and assuming it’s best to use on water jet once I get it?  Thanks!  

I don't have that specific combo, but I have both the primary and secondary on different characters.

On my /Time, I took Chronos early in the build and have it on auto; my final build has it firing every 22 seconds, with the first 10 of those with a 90% chance of Build Up.

On my Water Blast/ I actually haven't taken Tidal Forces, opting for the secondary's Build Up (Ionize) instead... I wanted MOAR +Damage more than the Tidal Power. I am going to experiment with sacrificing the PBAoE Atom Smasher to add Tidal Forces (some of the secondary effects are quite nice... I am just not sure if I need the extra control of when I have them), yet I hate to give up the PBAoE. The power I WANT Tidal forces for is Geyser.

I have a Water/Time Blaster named Tideway; currently level 40.  Like @tidge, I use the Build-Up from the secondary (Chronos) as my "Buff Before Snipe/Alpha" power in large part because if I use Tidal Forces like a traditional BU then it kills the many bonuses in the other Water Blast power, especially Water Burst and Geyser (and Dehydrate).  The impact on those two powers when there are orange rings are up when they fire is massive (in my eyes).  So for general burn I fire Chronos for normal circumstances (debuffed, etc).  As for slotting, I slot them with one ToHit Buff or 1 Recharge (depends on my mood), the down time seems unnoticeable to me.

Also regarding Water Jet.  I find the power underwhelming for some reason.  But even though it is one of the powers that gets the buff from orange Tidal forces, I almost never burn it on that power, unless it just falls in the cycle.

Edited by High_Beam

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

28 minutes ago, High_Beam said:

Also regarding Water Jet.  I find the power underwhelming for some reason.  But even though it is one of the powers that gets the buff from orange Tidal forces, I almost never burn it on that power, unless it just falls in the cycle.

I'm feeling very much the same way about Water Jet; it feels enough  like a T2 primary attack that I'm wondering if instead of this T7 I should just have both the T1 and T2 attacks slotted to be able to cast each of them while mezzed. I like the animation.

• Thumbs Up 1