Leviathan 1 has been republished (and an apology to the Twitch team that ran it)

cranebump

Just watched the twitch stream by MollyMauk & partners. Unfortunately, the party failed the finale, because something ran off. 

No, do I remember setting it up that way? Nope. But evidently I did, and that sucks.  Obviously the arc needs a fix on that (and other things as well), because failing the finale shouldn't happen. This one is ALL on me. The bad news: the danged thing is a Dev's Choice (to be frank a surprising one, as it's just an opening to a longer story). So I can't make any changes  to that one without pulling it down (I don't think). That said, I'm so disappointed in that outcome I may do it anyone. An unsatisfying finale just ain't fair.  

I have removed the failure condition (Boss flees). Lost the DC seal, but that's okay. I'll probably do a few other things with it before I am done.

My apologies to those who slogged through that (esp that back and forth in M4), only to get a "fail" message. However, thanks to you, no one else will have to suffer such a bullshit ending. I hope this doesn't put you off the rest of the arc, and my other, more polished stories. (I did get better later on, I think. But you can tell me.).

Thanks guys,

Crane

Edited by cranebump
  • Thumbs Up 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

• cranebump changed the title to Leviathan 1 has been republished (and an apology to the Twitch team that ran it)

Tweak notes

Spoiler
  • TOOK OUT THE FAILURE ELEMENT (sheesh)
  • Culled allies by 1 (and made them optional).
  • Changed placement of objectives, in the hopes of limiting the back and forth.
  • Cleaned up objective Nav text in Finale
  • Change Saracen's Ally text (it was inaccurate, with the rewrite, which folds this arc in with the Mobius arc).
  • Removed the Ordinary People spoiler in Freitag's speech on Blue Steel.
  • Fix typos

Now to fix Ordinary People (timers, timers, timers).

Edited by cranebump

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

Okay, it did not keep my changes, so I may need to pull it down and then republish it from there. Working on it.

Fixed. I hope.

Edited by cranebump
  • Thumbs Up 1