Stealth, Leadership, and Traps weirdness

Captain Fabulous

OK, here we go:

I have a /Traps Corruptor with Stealth and Leadership (Maneuvers and Tactics). As we all know, Stealth is supposed to grant a large defense bonus (~8%) as long as you're not attacking or being attacked, and that you lose the +stealth and part of the +defense (down to ~2%) while you are. The description says this also happens when you issue commands to pets or buff/heal allies. Got it.

But here's where it gets weird. Standing alone in a building in PI, not teamed, with Force Field Generator out and Maneuvers and Tactics running. I have full stealth (55') but the defense portion is reduced. So the Leadership buffs on the FF Gen are triggering the loss of Stealth's defense but not the +stealth. This happens with Acid Mortar, FF Gen, and Seeker Drones (all targetable pets which all show up in the pet window), but NOT with Caltrops, Poison Trap, or Trip Mine (all untargetable pets which don't show up in the pet window) assumedly because they can't be targeted and therefore can't be buffed. Not sure about Triage Beacon or Time Bomb since I don't have them. Since they can't be targeted they can't be buffed, and if you're not buffing them it doesn't trigger the defense loss. But would Triage Beacon cause the defense loss by itself, as it's a team buff? Good question. I guess I would have to test it on the beta server. But I do know that FF Gen does NOT trigger a defense reduction when its buffing Seeker Drones, Acid Mortar, or a teammate while the Leadership buffs do. So if the buff is coming directly from me, defense loss. If it's coming from a pet, no defense loss.

Looking at Stealth in CoD the defense portion is supposed to suppress when a pet attacks or is helped. But there is no such entry for the stealth portion. So in this regard the text description is incorrect. 

Now for some more weirdness. If I toss out Caltrops, Poison Trap, or Trip Mine (all untargetable pets) I don't lose the stealth or defense until critters are affected. Then I lose the defense but NOT the stealth, and despite being invisible affected critters can see and attack me. If I toss out Acid Mortar or Seeker Drones (targetable pets) I lose neither the stealth nor defense even when they go off and do damage, but again, the affected critters can see and attack me (but won't until the mortar or drones blow up). So untargetable pets will cause me to lose the defense, but targetable pets won't, and in neither case will I lose the stealth until I attack or am attacked.

Weird. Just weird.

• City Council
1 hour ago, Captain Fabulous said:

Looking at Stealth in CoD the defense portion is supposed to suppress when a pet attacks or is helped. But there is no such entry for the stealth portion. So in this regard the text description is incorrect

Good catch, description is bugged. Technically, that was going to be the original intent of the power, by having the extra stealth radius offered by Invisibility to suppress if you affect others. But at some point it was decided to just keep all the stealth unless you attack, in which case the description wasn't updated to match.

• Thumbs Up 1