Dual Pistols/Martial Combat Build, critique and optimize please

CSSteele2014

Here's a build a friend of mine and I worked up, been doing fairly well with it though it isn't 100% completed yet.

I'd like some feedback and optimization if possible, I'm not 100% sold on the Experimental PP set in there, but I'm pretty okay with the rest. Obviously if Adrenal Booster goes away, it'll cause a rework to travel power sets and such. I'm playing as a Blapper, I spend all of my time basically in melee.

DataLink

Edit: - I tried to link the breakdown, but it throws an error, I don't know how to fix it.

Edited by CSSteele2014

First thing is this... Hail of Bullets is helping you hit 45% defense. That buff has a short duration. In other words, you're still a good bit off defense caps if that is something you were going for. 

The damage buff from Guassian's in Adrenal Boost will only last a few seconds. So any damage values you see with that active aren't going to be reflected in game except in very small burst windows. 

Decimation's Chance for Build-Up looks better on paper than it actually functions in play. You may be better off using the Apocalypse proc in Executioner's Shot, but that could be worth testing. Also, you put some recharge reducers into the power. This is also going to negatively effect the uptime of Decimation which further lowers its value. 

I say this a lot for Dual Pistols builds, but I do not think chasing after Build-Up procs is worth the effort, in my opinion. Martial Arts can potentially get you some pretty decent Defiance stacking when your recharge is rolling so you will have some reasonable sustained damage while Blapping. 

Some things to consider also may be placement of PvP global IOs for powers later in your build vs the general IOs. You may want to swap the 3% globals in the power order. If you ever Exemplar low enough where your Tactics becomes unavailable your accuracy is going to take a hit. 

Slotting for Regeneration % bonuses (like what is in Surveillance) can always use a second look. Maybe this is worth while to you and maybe it isn't. However, the effects are usually very tiny. Hell, the bonus even tells you it is a 0.5/hp per second buff. With the current 229% regen rate this would drop you from just over 13/hps to a bit over 12/hps. Is that really important? Is the set bonus more a side piece so you can use the +Hit buff? Do you *really* need that with Tactics?

I don't play this combo anymore, but I had gone for Scorpion Shield in order to bump of S/L defense given the melee heavy nature of it. This would depreciate the value of Munitions Mastery, but I don't think that pool adds a whole lot to the build. You could just as well move Achilles' Heel into Executioner's Shot if you really want to run that proc somewhere. 

Thanks Oldskool. I need to respec it and change it as it is, given that Swap Ammo is level dependent as well. The person that helped me with this plays a Staff Tanker and their stance power doesn't get turned off when Exemping down, so they thought it would stay.

HoB, provides 10% Defense for 10 seconds. I was going for the defense caps, but I'm awful at making builds and had help with this one to begin with.

The Surveillance was for -Res, to boost DP's damage, since from what I've read it's lower than other blaster sets because of the lack of build-up... which is also why I went for 3 build-ups in the build, so I could have SOME uptime with them, I'll look into other power choices I suppose. The Regen bonuses weren't a consideration, they're just there from other slotting.

Is Surveillance and the -Res I was going for to boost DP's damage useless? If so, I can get Scorpion Shield, as the +Def for it is pretty high, and most defense blaster builds use it for good reason I suppose.

3 hours ago, CSSteele2014 said:

Is Surveillance and the -Res I was going for to boost DP's damage useless? If so, I can get Scorpion Shield, as the +Def for it is pretty high, and most defense blaster builds use it for good reason I suppose.

Hmm... I don't know if I would say "useless". It would require some testing. My initial reaction to it would be that it probably doesn't contribute as well as one would hope. Besides, Executioner's Shot is a fine place for Achilles' Heel. It can trigger pretty reliably in that power. Not as good as Surveillance, but at least you get a strong damage power vs just a debuff action. 

I could be wrong though.