Symph powers notifying before getting hit.

WindDemon21

Specifically enfeebling and Impassioned serenade is having this problem as well. I know that it notifies cause it does damage, specifically the issue though is that that  they are getting notified before they get hit. They also hit back if you cast them when they are mezzed already from sleep or fear as well because the damage is hitting first rather than at the same time as the mez.

For example, when they are finally slept, after already attacking you, if you use the confuse, they'll attack you first before the confuse takes effect.

Confounding chant seems hit or miss if they notify first.

IE for both of these powers, they are attacking you before they are actually mezzed which is very bad, especially on dominators with no support set to heal back etc.

Lovely even happening with confounding chant, the main power that needs to not happen on generally speaking as you get higher up and use that the most to start a mob :/.

Definitely had the confuse hit a lt, even checking combat logs that it hit (didn't lose LoS at all so not that) and they didn't confuse, juicer chief so no protection. twice, and took till the 3rd hit for them to confuse, so that old bug is back, hopefully the fix for the LOS bug will fix that one too, but literally every power except the ST hold and i'm assuming aoe hold since it does no damage, is notifying the enemies before the actual mez takes place..

The pet especially needs fixed too, It's already odd how you have to cast an attack for it to do that, but that was at least known beforehand, but the dumber part is that it costs the PET endurance too, so it's a double endurance tax. The powers are all WAY too slow too, it's always a hindrance, they all need massively sped up.

But, ESPECIALLY on doms, this makes no sense for the pet to only attack when you do, cause after a hold, especially with how long of cast times literally all the powers have, you're going to be attacking with your dom secondaries, so the pet will end up doing nothing.

Especially on doms, the pet should at the very least spam the last symph power you used, or cycle through the ones you've used per mob or something.

It also really needs to accept the troller/dom ATO sets too.

So... I'm fairly certain that a lot of what you're complaining about is actually Symphony WAI.

I may be wrong on some of the powers, but the confuse and pet were discussed *ad nauseam* during the last beta. The pet has no powers of its own--it is designed to copy you/your powers; you cast, it casts. If you need a refresher, check out the Symphony thread from the Page 5 beta.

Symphony doesn't play like other control sets, and that's a good thing! It's a fun powerset where you actually want to slot most of its powers for damage rather than control (especially the stun one, it hits like a freight train for a control power). Symphony is also a set that plays better on controllers than doms due to the nature of the set.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

On 4/14/2023 at 7:07 PM, TygerDarkstorm said:

So... I'm fairly certain that a lot of what you're complaining about is actually Symphony WAI.

I may be wrong on some of the powers, but the confuse and pet were discussed *ad nauseam* during the last beta. The pet has no powers of its own--it is designed to copy you/your powers; you cast, it casts. If you need a refresher, check out the Symphony thread from the Page 5 beta.

Symphony doesn't play like other control sets, and that's a good thing! It's a fun powerset where you actually want to slot most of its powers for damage rather than control (especially the stun one, it hits like a freight train for a control power). Symphony is also a set that plays better on controllers than doms due to the nature of the set.

I know that for the pet, I'm saying, at least on dominators in particular, it's a very bad design on them. It's not as bad on trollers who actively use their attacks, but on either, pretty much all of the cast times need reduced a lot as well. But regarding the pet, it wouldn't be out of the question to have it work differently on doms than it does on controllers. See phantom army. I don't need a refresher, I'm saying that it should work differently on doms for the obvious reasons in that thread. On trollers though, since you have to use your own end to cast your powers to begin with, I think the pet shouldn't use any end, i think that makes more than sense.

I know the confuse alerts, I'm not debating that, though I definitely don't think the damage it does with the DOT not stacking is worth it.

The other powers, well, i still think the sleep should be an aoe toggle aura on you and the pet both and that would help the set out IMMENSELY for things not perfectly in your cones (thus moving the -damage to the cone fear/immobilize so you don't lose that, and adding KD to the cone fear), but there is also just no reason for them to notify the mob, and have them attack you before the mez actually takes effect. MANY other control powers, especially the aoe ones, do damage, but they don't have this issue. Stalagmites, Flashfire, etc.

THIS is probably the biggest detriment on the set. I can't possibly imagine that it's intended for you to get attacked before the mez powers take effect, when literally no other control powers like them do, that's hands down one of the MAIN issues that needs fixed, and seems 100% like a bug.

I'm saying, aside from if the notifying before the mez takes effect, that all the other WAI I'm aware of, but that definitely needs fixed, and that the set is still very poorly designed and could use some tweaks that I've mentioned. I'm aware it plays differently, but that doesn't mean that it's also up to par on that front either.

But WAI or not, the getting attacked before your aoe mezzes take effect, 100% needs fixed.

Edit: I'm also saying that regardless as well, the animations need sped up by far. But without changing how the pet works when you're actively using your attacks, they could also add it that it will spam the last symph attack you used, so that it still does stuff when you're not using your symph powers.

Edit2: They also really need to fix the reverberant to accept the ATO sets. Other pets that have controls like sing, fly trap, jack etc can accept it, so the reverberant definitely should too, especially since that's more of it's niche than doing actual damage.

Edited by WindDemon21

The only thing I'm going to say in response to this is: Not every powerset needs to be good on every AT. Mind Control is better on Doms than Controllers, for example. Symphony is better on controllers specifically because the powers function more like blasts--in a sense--want you to stay at range to leverage the cones, and want to fire the Symph powers as often as possible.

To the other stuff, I'm obviously not an expert in that area, so hopefully you'll see something from the Devs or something.

• Like 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

2 hours ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

The only thing I'm going to say in response to this is: Not every powerset needs to be good on every AT. Mind Control is better on Doms than Controllers, for example. Symphony is better on controllers specifically because the powers function more like blasts--in a sense--want you to stay at range to leverage the cones, and want to fire the Symph powers as often as possible.

To the other stuff, I'm obviously not an expert in that area, so hopefully you'll see something from the Devs or something.

Yeah, the other stuff definitely needs addressed, it's kinda a core thing to aoe mez powers working, esp for the squishiest AT (trollers too)

Regarding not being good on doms, well, that's kinda the caveat itself, being BETTER on trollers, sure, but should still be decent enough on doms. Most of that is getting attacked before the mez takes effect given the doms style of hold them first then attack. But I've played it on trollers and doms a good bit and there are still these persistent issues and bugs.

Regarding the pet though, there really isn't a reason, unless it's a coding impossibility somehow (which i doubt), that the reverb pet couldn't at least continue to spam the last symph power used on both ATs. It wouldn't break anything given that  they also have their own recharge on the pet too (when left to it's own accord) Certain powers (or maybe all and i was just too impatient) will be set to attack twice, like the st hold and confuse, and i think the cone immob. The others might as well but again, their rech value i possibly missed it. But that's still just twice, nothing would OP the pet by having it set to spam the last symph power used. Especially cause you're not going to only just use one symph power then none else ever again just to get the pet to spam one skill.

So yeah, I think hands down the whole issue of being notified before the mez actually hits needs addressed first thing and foremost. Then fixing the pet to spam the last symph power used. Those two things would go a long way to fixing some of the main core issues. It still could use some other tweaks like i've mentioned but those two are the biggest things.

Edit: In addition to speeding up the actual skills cast times themselves, they're all completely terribly long, especially the main sleep/fear/stun cones in particular. Like those 3 especially need at least a second shaved off their cast times. (would be nice if the ST confuse/hold would hit a little faster too.

Edited by WindDemon21