Potential tracking bug with Day Job badges?

PsychicBedlam

I have had issues with the "Patrol" day job badge not progressing.  The alt is level 22.  I have logged out in a number of different zones in different areas away from other conflicting day jobs.  My progression is stuck at 96 (95.67%). 

I have had issues with the "Patrol" day job badge not progressing.  The alt is level 22.  I have logged out in a number of different zones in different areas away from other conflicting day jobs.  My progression is stuck at 96 (95.67%).

Just as a sanity check, did you play the character between logouts, or just log in, see that the bar hasn't progressed, move them to a different location, and then logged back out? The badge requires you to earn 30 bars of Patrol experience, and you can only have 10 bars at any point, so if they've been logged out long enough to have 10 bars, and you don't use any of it by doing things to earn XP on the character, you're going to stay at the cap and not earn any more. Ifyou're  at 96%, log in on the character, run a mission or two, and that should use up enough of your accumulated Patrol XP that you can log out and have the badge next time you check.

Just as a sanity check, did you play the character between logouts, or just log in, see that the bar hasn't progressed, move them to a different location, and then logged back out? The badge requires you to earn 30 bars of Patrol experience, and you can only have 10 bars at any point, so if they've been logged out long enough to have 10 bars, and you don't use any of it by doing things to earn XP on the character, you're going to stay at the cap and not earn any more. Ifyou're  at 96%, log in on the character, run a mission or two, and that should use up enough of your accumulated Patrol XP that you can log out and have the badge next time you check.

Thank you for explaining this... I had never really quite understood how it was supposed to work.

There's a clue, which unfortunately people don't normally see any more (and may not have looked at when they got it), in the description for the 'Experienced' power that new characters got for the first few weeks -- "When this power is used, you will gain half a level of Patrol XP, however, you can only ever have 1 level worth of Patrol XP at a time. NOTE: Any Patrol XP granted through this power beyond the one level limit will be lost."