Need some advice - AE farming

A3r0h

Can someone break down the following in regards to AE farming? 

Rad vs. Spines? Spines has consistent dmg aura vs. Rads patches and contaminated procs, which comes out on top and why? Spines also seems to have more active dmg than Rad?

Fiery vs. Bio? Both have a dmg aura, Fiery has burn patches and a build up, Bio has Offensive Adaptation and a small -res aura. Usually Bio is dmg king, but ppl seems to favor Fire still?
Is it worth mentioning Shield? It adds massive dmg buff, but has no dmg aura. Where does Shield fit in then for AE farming? Viable at all?

Any favorite or "must pick" Pools I need to know about?

Last but not least, how is Brute vs. Tank these days. Is the added AoE of the tank ever worth considering over the added overall dmg of Fury, when it comes to AE farming?

Can you make a top 5 AE farmers?

Here you go. All your peeps are crunching the numbers here:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

There are lots of options and at the end of the day in my opinion its more important to play something you enjoy. Example I farm with a Rad/WP Brute and its not the best but Its relaxing for me to farm and I don't like mashing buttons and my secondary is 100% hands off. That said Rad/Fire and Spines/Fire Brutes seems to be the most popular.  Im currently working on a Bio/Fire tank. 

Have fun! :)

8 hours ago, Sicarius said:

There are lots of options and at the end of the day in my opinion its more important to play something you enjoy. Example I farm with a Rad/WP Brute and its not the best but Its relaxing for me to farm and I don't like mashing buttons and my secondary is 100% hands off. That said Rad/Fire and Spines/Fire Brutes seems to be the most popular.  Im currently working on a Bio/Fire tank. 

Have fun! 🙂

^----this

Long ago I rolled the classic Spines/Fire broot and have contemplated rolling a Fire/Rad one, but never got around to it.  I dual box with a INV/SS tank on follow (and auto Foot Stomp), because that's just enough extra to clear the Big Mobs tunnel with EBs in 15-20 min.  It takes almost the full 30, with just the brute.  With the page 5 updates, I did have to change strategies a bit, in that I herd to support beams, so the aggro'd (but not following) mobs can't pot shot me with ranged fire blasts.  The tank brings much bigger mobs, than the brute by itself, so that's what helps most with the clear times.

Have fun and let us know what you decide! 😆

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present