Kheldian Wishlist

[*]Allow more pool/temp powers in alternate forms.  Example: Leadership.  I don't know that it would be particularly OP just to allow all pool powers in forms (I realize that having no animation would make some look silly), but even if Weave or Rune of Protection is somehow gamebreaking on a Nova, Vengeance and Aid Other really aren't.

[*]Ease the slotting burden. I'd personally prefer for Kheldian powers to just automatically come with two slots, with pool/etc powers still only having the default one.  That's a significant power level increase given set bonuses, I realize... and that's not entirely unintentional.  An alternative would be to give them something like a built-in Alpha Slot, a single power they can slot to provide (reduced) enhancement bonuses to all relevant powers (e.g., "Kheldian Alpha" is slotted with one damage IO, all powers get the equivalent of half of one damage IO added, subject to ED as normal).  A third option is to significantly boost some or all of the Form powers but make their effects unenhanceable, so the slots are only useful for procs.  All of these are bad hacks in one way or another -- it's not an easy problem -- but I'm sure there are more solutions.

[*]Add a new Quant type that only does a stacking debuff (perhaps to recov+regen+defense) instead of a damage proc. This would be the only type of Quant encountered at low levels, giving weaker Kheldians more of a chance to run away or burn down the spawn.  At higher levels (35+?), the combination of debuff and damage Quants would provide for a new challenge layer as the players are feeling confident and powerful.  If possible, it'd be best if Khelds running on -1/x1 only encounter the debuff form or even no Quants at all, regardless of level.

[*]Add Kheldian EPPs. It's seemingly a small thing -- as mentioned above, Khelds are already a bit lopsided on powers to slots -- but it would make Kheldians feel a lot more 'personal' if players could choose to specialize just a little more into melee/tank, control, heal/support, or debuff/nuke roles.  Giving crabs-centric players the option to specialize into something like Phalanx Fighting or Grant Cover (or both), or novas something like Tar Patch or even Transfusion, would give players a way to feel a little more like a unique hero rather than Kheldian#7893.

[*]Tintable squid and crab bodies.

What else belongs on a wishlist like this?

No-Set Builds: Tanker Scrapper Brute Stalker

For a while after I made my WS, I had a bug where the screen wouldn’t shake and there was no huge puff of purple when the character went into Nova form. It was still there when they went Dwarf, and I just kind of assumed that was an intentional change. But after a Respec, the Nova form got the big animation and screen shake back. It made the transformation feel smoother and faster (it wasn’t faster, but since i could see clearly sooner, it felt like it was).

I’d like for both to officially be removed from Nova, with a minor desire to remove it from Dwarf. My biggest wish for that would be to have it in the Power Customization menu as a ‘Minimal FX’ option.

I'd like something done about the various toggles and how they interact with the forms. I've been planning a tri-form WS build and I just see absolutely no point in picking any of the human form toggle shields unless I want to spend a good part of my gameplay reactivating them after form changes.

Torchbearer:

Sunsinger - Fire/Time Corruptor

Cursebreaker - TW/Elec Brute

Coldheart - Ill/Cold Controller

Mythoclast - Rad/SD Scrapper

Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

Some good stuff here, I especially like Suggestion 3.

On a similar note for voids/quants, I would suggest this:

Make the Quantum Array Gun have a longer startup animation and be interruptable.

In a post I made recently I compared Quants and Voids to other special enemies for whom the game has rules about not allowing more than one in a spawn while solo, such as Embalmed Cadavers, Sky Raiders Engineers, and Rikti Comms Officers. Making anti-kheld enemies interruptable would bring them in line with these other very high priority enemies, and mean that Quants wouldn't have an almost-guaranteed shot at dealing a lot of damage, KB and stun at a kheld before the kheld's first attack has had a chance to finish animating.

I'd like something done about the various toggles and how they interact with the forms. I've been planning a tri-form WS build and I just see absolutely no point in picking any of the human form toggle shields unless I want to spend a good part of my gameplay reactivating them after form changes.

So do you mean like toggle suppression?  Hmm.  I wonder if there's a way for Kheldian toggles to suppress, but pool toggles to remain.

Make the Quantum Array Gun have a longer startup animation and be interruptable.

I think this makes a lot of sense at low levels, but at high levels I have a hard time imagining them ever getting a shot off with all the AoE flying around.

No-Set Builds: Tanker Scrapper Brute Stalker