Star Trek 765874 - Regeneration

Some context, this company with the approval of the Roddenberry estate recreated a good recreation of what happened after Star Trek Generations that is so good up to thinking it was a cut content. 

A short summery by Dave Cullen of how this all came to be 

I hope you all enjoy. 

• Like 1

Ok, first, that was really well done.  It definitely answers two questions (and full disclosure, I've only seen through Discovery season 2 and Picard season 1) : did Kirk's friends visit his grave and what did it take to recover the saucer section.  It's pretty obvious to me, with the lore of the Federation, that they'd want to do their best to remove all trace of their presence from a world which one day would be explored by its developing system inhabitants.

It does not show (and this was not pertinent to its theme) the recovery of Kirk's body.  To keep the Prime Directive, the Federation would have to do that as well, lest a developing culture have even a remote chance of discovering a grave alien to their species.

Maybe I just need another cup o' joe to get the little gray cells working, but I'm not understanding the transition from Spock to Spock.  What is the purpose for the latter one, which appears to be younger?

It seems this isn't their only short film.  I'll have to view whatever else they have.

One wonders if there might come a day when a officially-recognized hobby group like this can buy licensed use of a Respeecher voice of Nimoy for use in such a video, much like one can acquire rights to music for YouTube videos.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Techwright said:

Ok, first, that was really well done.  It definitely answers two questions (and full disclosure, I've only seen through Discovery season 2 and Picard season 1) : did Kirk's friends visit his grave and what did it take to recover the saucer section.  It's pretty obvious to me, with the lore of the Federation, that they'd want to do their best to remove all trace of their presence from a world which one day would be explored by its developing system inhabitants.

It does not show (and this was not pertinent to its theme) the recovery of Kirk's body.  To keep the Prime Directive, the Federation would have to do that as well, lest a developing culture have even a remote chance of discovering a grave alien to their species.

Maybe I just need another cup o' joe to get the little gray cells working, but I'm not understanding the transition from Spock to Spock.  What is the purpose for the latter one, which appears to be younger?

It seems this isn't their only short film.  I'll have to view whatever else they have.

One wonders if there might come a day when a officially-recognized hobby group like this can buy licensed use of a Respeecher voice of Nimoy for use in such a video, much like one can acquire rights to music for YouTube videos.

All was answered in Picard Season 3-Ep: 6 or 7 of what happened to Kirk and the saucer section.  Sorry for being vague, I am trying to avoid spoilers for those who has not seen it.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, LegionAlpha said:

All was answered in Picard Season 3-Ep: 6 or 7 of what happened to Kirk and the saucer section.  Sorry for being vague, I am trying to avoid spoilers for those who has not seen it.

Figured as much, and appreciate the spoiler-free approach.

3 hours ago, Techwright said:

This isn't an answer, but a random musing.  I couldn't help but think that this younger Spock's facial twitches looked like they came straight out of "Operation Annihilate."  One of them "member berries," as the kids say.  Unfortunately, I couldn't find a clip of the scene in question, so I could be imagining it.