Psi/EA question for AoE options

Sykar

Right so my Stalker who is almost 40 now has only a few choices left for her build. Currently I am pondering if the chain of Mass Levitate -> Explosive Shuriken -> Wall of Force would be able to generate enough AoE damage to be worthwhile taking Explosive Shuriken and Wall of Force. I already have Weaken, Project Will and Unleash Potential in conjunction with Physical Perfection and Web Grenade. I want for sure the Targeting Drone so that will leave me with only 3 abilites to take which means taking both ES and WoF is kinda "expensive" at that point and I do not want to burn too many free respecs on trying out if this combo will work well enough or not.

Anyone tried this in some form? I never had Explosive Shuriken and I do know that Wall of Force is not exactly a high damage ability so I am unsure if this would be worthwhile to take.

• 1 month later

I did not want to create a new topic for my question regarding my one and only stalker atm so I will just continue to use this thread I made. I have been slowly alting her to lvl 46 so I am closing in on 50 now. Done 2 respecs and am fairly happy with the current result. I left out in my primary T1, Placate and Boggle. Secondary I left out Disrupt and T9 because I simply do not see how to handle the crash in case the fight goes on more than 3 minutes and only using it in hope that the crash won't happen after a fight is not my cup of tea.

Furthermore I got:

Fighting: Kick with the usual Tough and Weave will be taken at 47.

Leaping: Combat Jumping

Force of Will: WR, Leap and Unleash.

WM: PP, Drone and Explo Shuriken.

I got staggering 61.7% AoE def and about 33-34% in most other defences except toxic and PSI. I am confident that I can soft cap most of my defences with just IOs of which I have just 1 piece of the Performance Shifter set atm.  Those numbers are also without Weave and Unleash which cannot be permad anyway though I got the recharge down to 5 minutes. Furthermore I do have a full Assassins Mark in TK Punch and 3 part Guile ATO in Blade.

So the question is what to get for my final power. I am a little partial for Shuriken but mostly for style I do not think I will rely too much on ranged damage. Web grenade is handy against annoying fliers and to nail runners. Wall of Force for a little more AoE and unreliable CC.

What do you guys think?

Edited by Sykar

Would be hard to judge without seeing the full build in front of me. To answer the first question, while I haven't tried wall of force, the reason for that is the Damage on it seems absolutely abysmal for it's extremely long activation time. Even when considering it as solely a AoE it likely would rarely be worth it. As someone with shuriken, mainly for flavor, it's not awful, but you wont really be missing out on anything if it is skipped, nice to have in the rare situations when getting into melee isn't viable.

Maneuvers and/or Assault is always a good pick if you have the power slots available, of the two I would recommend Maneuvers more as it will help you reach those def soft caps much easier while also providing support to your team, however both are useful.

As a side note the "staggering 61.7% AoE def " is likely not actually the case as you get a MASSIVE boost to AoE def when hidden that goes away when revealed, which if you are in combat should be 99% of the time def matters. This is to say, your AoE def is realistically MUCH lower.

Kaika DB/INVUN Stalker                                                 Unluck AR/Nin Blaster

Riot Siren Bio/Dark Tank                                                      Ria Greenheart Axe/Sheild scrapper

Blue Meteor Em/Rad Scrapper                                             Fio Rune  FIre/Rad Stalker