Quality of Life Improvements for Necromancy

I've been playing a Necromancy MM for the first time since the powerset was changed a while ago, and while I love the new specter summoning mechanic from the personal attacks, I think that some small changes could make it feel better to use. First of all, the specters don't show up in your pet window, and their names aren't visible in the world unless you hover your mouse directly over them. This makes it difficult to tell when they're close to dying, and to keep track of their location. If they were changed to show in the pet window and have permanently visible nametags like normal pets, it would do a lot to improve usability.

Currently, there are icons in your buff bar that show which specters are alive, but it can be hard to see them when you have a large number of buffs, or if the bar if shifting constantly from new buffs/debuffs being applied. I think it would be great if the Dark Blast, Gloom, and Life Drain powers were highlighted with a ring while their respective minions are inactive, similarly to how Storm Cell shows a ring while there is no active storm cell. This would make it a lot easier to quickly react to a specter dying or expiring and summon a new one.

Finally, each of the Necromancy attack powers currently has only a 70% chance to summon a specter, which often results in repeated failure to resummon them. Since you are already limited to summoning one specter per attack power, I would like to see the summon chance increased to 100% so that you just have to worry about casting the power once if you only care about maintaining your specters.

Edited by Thezanman

44 minutes ago, Rudra said:

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=mastermind_pets.zombie_minion.fade&at=minion_henchman_small

All specters have a power called Fade. This means if you have a specter out, it is dying. -50,000% regeneration does that.

I know that specters lose health over time. It takes over a minute for them to die from just their natural degeneration, which means there isn’t a need to continually resummon them unless they are being killed by enemies. That is why I would like more visibility of their current status, so I know when I need to resummon them more frequently, and when I can hold off on resummoning in favor of other powers.

• Thumbs Up 1