Buffer overrun in SG message of the day field

ZephyrWind

If you put in a very long message of the day into yous super group settings, you can overwrite your super group motto.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Enter a long message into your SG' Message of the Day field

I entered "Log your characters in in the month of May for an anniversary badge and 5 charges of Experienced! (Note - this is currently BUGGED and you will not receive the temp power if your character has been offline for more than 350 days!)"

2. Accept the settings.

3. Go back and edit the Mesasge of the Day

I went into SG setting again and backspaced up to the first "!" and then typed: "(Note - there is currently a known bug that if your character has been logged off for more than 350+ days you will not receive the 5 charges of Experienced (but you still will get the badge)" and accepted the settings

when I looked at my SG window, the Motto had been changed to "the badge)" and in the settings my Message of the Day had been truncated so it read "Log your characters in in the month of May for an anniversary badge and 5 charges of Experienced! (Note - there is currently a known bug that if your character has been logged off for more than 350+ days you will not receive the 5 charges of Experienced (but you still will get"

Edited by ZephyrWind
Can't type

8 hours ago, Captain Fabulous said:

But the bug doesn't affect all characters logged out for more than 350 days. It hasn't been established what exactly is causing some characters to not receive Experienced.

But the bug I was talking about is not that. I bugged that in another thread and we established exactly what you said and I shut up about it. I was talking about the fact that a very long Message of The Day would get cut off and spill over into the motto. The text in quotes was just my example.

Edited by ZephyrWind
Misunderstood the response