Invisible Jetpack?

Have you thought about the Kris Kringle jetpack ala the Holiday Rocket Pack ala the Jingle Jet available in the Pocket D chalet? It's a magic jetpack. (Edit: And it lasts for 30 days of use per purchase.)

Edited by Rudra
  • Thumbs Down 2

Just now, Rudra said:

Have you thought about the Kris Kringle jetpack ala the Holiday Rocket Pack ala the Jingle Jet available in the Pocket D chalet? It's a magic jetpack.

"You want a hood for your evil mage character? Have you thought about the santa hat? It's basically the same thing, it covers your head."

• Haha 1

"Minimal FX Everything!"

I love this game. I'm eternally grateful that it was brought back.

"It's not enough that I win, somebody else has to lose" is not the attitude of a Hero.

30 minutes ago, kidsnowflake said:

So it's an opportunity cost based purely on subjective visual taste? If a jetpack fits my theme (or I don't care about theme) then I get to use a temp, otherwise I have to spent a power slot? That's ridiculous. The opportunity cost of the P2W travel powers are increased endurance costs, lower speed and being unable to enhance them. Locking power behind visual aesthetic in a game that's all -about- visual aesthetic is, again, ridiculous. Fly and Mystic Flight are both objectively better than the P2W powers and that's what makes them worth the power slot, not the fact that they have unique visuals.

No, if you want alternate visuals for the jetpack, then fine. If you want no visuals, then use what we already have available. Fly and Mystic Flight have no required visuals.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

1 minute ago, kidsnowflake said:

"You want a hood for your evil mage character? Have you thought about the santa hat? It's basically the same thing, it covers your head."

We have hoods. What's your point? (Edit: And hats and hoods are not the same thing.)

Edit again: Look, if you want an obviously magic themed jetpack that is not the Jingle Jet, no one is going to say no. Describe it. Provide a picture of what you are thinking. Give a reference.

Edited by Rudra
  • Thumbs Down 3

You have to be trolling at this point, nobody is this dense.

"Minimal FX option for the P2W travel powers please, like we have for almost every other power in this game about making your character look the way you want it to."

• Thanks 1

"Minimal FX Everything!"

"It's not enough that I win, somebody else has to lose" is not the attitude of a Hero.

You have to be trolling at this point, nobody is this dense.

"Minimal FX option for the P2W travel powers please, like we have for almost every other power in this game about making your character look the way you want it to."

I'm neither trolling nor lacking in understanding in this thread. My point is simple:

If you want an alternate jetpack, then that is fine. Provide something to detail what you want. If you want no jetpack, then get Fly or Mystic Flight. To me, it's that simple. Why should anyone bother taking Fly or Mystic Flight if they can get the same power at a very slight increased END cost from P2W?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

Because it's not the same power. You really don't understand that Fly and Mystic Flight are -objectively- better than the P2W powers? You say that an alternate visual for a new jetpack is fine but no visual is, what? Cheating? Exactly how much visual noise does the P2W power have to have before it's not unfair? Does it have to have a 3D model? Why exactly? What possible reason could there be that a magical looking jetpack is fine but the exact same power with Minimal FX is not? I -genuinely- do not understand your logic here.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

"Minimal FX Everything!"

Ok, let's slow this down a little bit for you. You roll a Willpower scrapper. You can choose to keep the glowing visuals, color the glow a color of your choice, or if your character's theme doesn't really fit glowing you can choose to have no visual FX at all. Make sense?

• Thumbs Up 1

"Minimal FX Everything!"

Do you know what the difference between buying Beast Run, Athletic Run, or Ninja Run versus buying Jetpack is? There isn't one. Beast Run locks your character into a bestial stance and movement while it is active, because it is a beast run. Ninja Run locks your character into a stylized anime ninja stance and movement while it is active, because it is a ninja run. Athletic Run lacks those factors because it is athleticism that is not on par with any super powers. Jetpack locks you into a jetpack because it is a jetpack. (Edit: If you want a flight power that you can customize, then take Fly or Mystic Flight.)

All Temp Powers have a specific visual tied to their name and function.

As for your Willpower Scrapper comparison? You are comparing a character's inherent AT powers to a temp power. Apples to oranges.

Edited by Rudra
  • Thumbs Down 3

I'm sensing I lost you partway there. So, example #2. I buy a flight power from the P2W vendor. I can choose a flight power that looks like a Goldbricker Pack, or I can choose a flight power that looks like a Longbow Jetpack, or...and stay with me here....if my character's theme doesn't really fit a jetpack I can choose a flight power that has no visual FX.

Also, Athletic Run can be customized in the tailor.

Edited by kidsnowflake
  • Thumbs Up 1

"Minimal FX Everything!"

6 minutes ago, kidsnowflake said:

Also, Athletic Run can be customized in the tailor.

Huh, are you sure? Because I just visited the tailor and I can't even find Athletic Run to do anything with on a character I bought it from the vendor for. So I can't cusotmize my Athletic Run at all. How are you doing it?

7 minutes ago, kidsnowflake said:

So, example #2. I buy a flight power from the P2W vendor. I can choose a flight power that looks like a Goldbricker Pack, or I can choose a flight power that looks like a Longbow Jetpack,

Yep, you can buy a Goldbricker jetpack and wear a Goldbricker jetpack to fly around and you can buy a Longbow jetpack and wear a Longbow jetpack to fly around and you can buy a Jingle Jetpack and wear a Christmas-y jetpack to fly around and you can buy a standard jetpack and wear a standard jetpack to fly around. All makes sense to me. So if you want a magic-themed jetpack, describe it and maybe the devs will make it.

A no jetpack version of jetpack though is called Fly or Mystic Flight.

• Thumbs Down 2

No. 

You haven't lost anyone at all. You're just being disagreed with and you don't like it. Everyone reading this thread is well aware of exactly what you want. 

There are just a number of us who don't think you should be able to have your cake and eat it too for approximately the same amount of influence I earn in 30 seconds in a fire farm. 

Every temp power in the game has a specific visual tied to it, precisely because it is NOT a power that is inherent to your character. It is literally something they bought. 

And from everything you've said here, it is plainly apparent that you want a flight power that IS inherent to your character but only costs 50,000 inf for a half hour instead of a power pool pick....like every other power that is inherent to your character. 

You want to have a productive discussion? Coming at people like they're too stupid to understand what you're saying isn't how you do that. 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Thumbs Down 3

I don't like it because there's literally no reason to disagree with this besides not wanting people to have fun.

The only argument I've heard is "nobody would take flight pools". Both Fly and Mystic Flight cost less endurance, are faster (and scale with level) and can be enhanced. In addition Fly has Afterburner and Mystic Flight has Translocation. The idea that there would be no reason to take them if you could have an invisible jetpack is just as silly as the idea that there would be no reason to take them if you happen to like the look of jetpacks. One could have a Goldbricker or Longbow jetpack costume piece and use either Fly or Mystic Flight (with minimal FX I should add, if you wanted Mystic Flight to fit your tech character) and have a better performance than with either of the temporary flight powers.

Every temp power has a specific visual tied to it. So yes, I would like a temp power that has the specific visual of "Minimal FX". There is -no- reason to disagree with this.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

"Minimal FX Everything!"

21 minutes ago, Rudra said:

Huh, are you sure? Because I just visited the tailor and I can't even find Athletic Run to do anything with on a character I bought it from the vendor for. So I can't cusotmize my Athletic Run at all. How are you doing it?

Inherent Tab, Stances. Choose one of the 5 stances (Travel Powers Only) and Athletic Run inherits your choice.

I'm literally just asking for the flight equivalent of Athletic Run, a themeless temp travel power. My characters that fly as part of their powerset choose the pools. My characters that occasionally need vertical movement to get around Faultline or reach a flying enemy take the temps. The only thing an invisible jetpack would change is I wouldn't cringe when I looked at my feral demon wearing a skyraider pack.

Edited by kidsnowflake
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

"Minimal FX Everything!"

My characters that fly as part of their powerset choose the pools. My characters that occasionally need vertical movement to get around Faultline or reach a flying enemy take the temps.

So how is jetpack not fitting your theme then? If your characters that fly as part of their powerset take Fly or Mystic Flight and the characters that don't have flight as part of their powerset buy the jetpack, then things are already working the way you want. Characters that don't have flight as one of their own powers went out and bought a jetpack for when they suddenly find themselves needing it. It fits your theme then.

• Thumbs Down 2

Just now, Rudra said:

So how is jetpack not fitting your theme then? If your characters that fly as part of their powerset take Fly or Mystic Flight and the characters that don't have flight as part of their powerset buy the jetpack, then things are already working the way you want. Characters that don't have flight as one of their own powers went out and bought a jetpack for when they suddenly find themselves needing it. It fits your theme then.

Imagine an animal wearing a jetpack.

• Haha 1

"Minimal FX Everything!"

So your only other argument is "you care too much about how your characters look"?

• Haha 1

"Minimal FX Everything!"

I have a relevant question that hasn't been asked yet: 

Why are you so dead set against taking Fly or Mystic Flight when you have acknowledged several times in this thread that they are better than the temp power? 🤔 

I would think if you wanted your character to be able to fly under their own power, a version that you can actually slot and get set bonuses from would be the ideal solution? 

Is it because you want to buy your way out of having to use a power pool choice on it to better min/max your character? 

Please explain why you would prefer to have an inferior flight power (that you yourself pointed out) over one that can be slotted to make your character better. 

If I want a character to be a flyer, I take both Fly and Hover so I can slot a LotG in Hover and 2 BotZ in Fly (for ranged defense). That would make your character objectively better than a temp power AND have the appearance you want. But you don't want to do that. I'm curious as to why. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Just now, ClawsandEffect said:

I have a relevant question that hasn't been asked yet: 

Why are you so dead set against taking Fly or Mystic Flight when you have acknowledged several times in this thread that they are better than the temp power? 🤔 

I would think if you wanted your character to be able to fly under their own power, a version that you can actually slot and get set bonuses from would be the ideal solution? 

Is it because you want to buy your way out of having to use a power pool choice on it to better min/max your character? 

Please explain why you would prefer to have an inferior flight power (that you yourself pointed out) over one that can be slotted to make your character better. 

If I want a character to be a flyer, I take both Fly and Hover so I can slot a LotG in Hover and 2 BotZ in Fly (for ranged defense). That would make your character objectively better than a temp power AND have the appearance you want. But you don't want to do that. I'm curious as to why. 

9 minutes ago, kidsnowflake said:

My characters that fly as part of their powerset choose the pools. My characters that occasionally need vertical movement to get around Faultline or reach a flying enemy take the temps. The only thing an invisible jetpack would change is I wouldn't cringe when I looked at my feral demon wearing a skyraider pack.

"Minimal FX Everything!"

5 minutes ago, kidsnowflake said:

🤣🤣🤣

You "answered" by going back to edit your post after the question was asked and then quoting yourself!!!! That's funny as hell!

I mean, aside from the fact it doesn't actually answer @ClawsandEffect's question.....

(Edit: Dang it. The quote didn't take?!)

5 minutes ago, kidsnowflake said:

So your only other argument is "you care too much about how your characters look"?

No.... that would be the argument you are making: that you can't stand a visual so you want it to go away so you don't have to see it so you can keep using a flight power that doesn't use up a power choice slot.

Edited by Rudra
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Just now, Rudra said:

🤣🤣🤣

You "answered" by going back to edit your post after the question was asked and then quoting yourself!!!! That's funny as hell!

If we're really going to get this petty go check the timestamps of the edit.

• Haha 1

"Minimal FX Everything!"