Laging and map server disconnects

LynnD

I have talked with a lot of players in game, and they have noticed something that i have noticed since the May 2nd, 2023 update.  That update has caused the game to lag more and cause more map server disconnects.  This problem also happened about 2 years ago from an update to the game.  I and others report the lag issues and map server disconnects, and the rubber banding.  You always say it's our internet companies' problem to fix.  Well, I have to say not always.  The problem 2 years ago was from HC and its internet provider.  This new problem since May 2, 2023 most likely is the same problem that happened 2 years ago.  I have done a lot with my internet company about this. Most likely it is coming from COH Home Coming end again.  HC please thoroughly check your DNS server.  It probably needs a refresh or a reset.  That was one of the problems 2 years ago.  HC is going to get more players this summer, but it will not last long with this lag, map server, rubber banding problem.  Most of the players that get affected are overseas players.  Most likely the problem is not COH HC but HC's internet provider.  I seriously hope you look into the problem, and it gets solved soon.  I have been playing HC since it went public but might have to move on because of this problem like others are about to do.  I know the game is not free because it takes donations to run it, but it's a shame that this problem is happening, and the players get the blame for it by HC saying its your internet provider when sometimes it's actually HC's provider may be causing the problem.   DNS servers are important to maintain also.  Thank you for your time.

Edited by LynnD

No it would not affect everyone.  This problem happened before about 2 years ago.  The problem came from HC's internet provider and the DNS server.  I also that is what i causing the problem again this time.  I have done a lot of testing and analyzing with my internet provider and came up with the same results as 2 years ago.  For some reason HC's internet service does not like us players that live in Asia.

Hello HC,

Just to let you know I went 2 days with no lag until the Midnight Hami on Everlasting about 25mins ago. The lag is real bad.  So, your internet provider is up to it again with Asia again. You really should get a better internet provider.  The one you have right now does not like data from us folks that are American but live in Asian countries.  That is so sad.

Ill try to offer some helpful tips since the bug report is lacking on important information.

Your internet between your home and your service provider may be perfect but your isp doesnt connect directly to homecomings server.  It hops through multiple ISPs on its way to the homecoming ISP.  Its much more likely that a lag report from a single player is caused by packet loss somewhere along the route instead of the destination.  Try running ping plotter or any other program that can check for packet loss along the entire route.  The team here is a bunch of programmers and number crunchers and showing them some data that shows they are the cause will encourage their action much more likely than your ISP doesnt like Asia will.

Edit ('your' was intended to refer to HC,  not the OP.  I see that saying 'their' would have been more clear,  my bad).

Edited by TheZag