MM Mercs/Time build for critique

Elric77

Have not played Mercs since the revamp, dusted out the long forgotten toon and was amazed at the improvements.   Dusted off the long abandoned Merc/Time MM and realized he needs major rework, since I never replaced his SOs for IO sets.  So, here is a proposed build, for your consideration and critique.  Credit to @Bopper for his fantastic Time Manipulation Guide, I tried to implement his ideas for using Distortion Field and Slowed Response as mini-nukes as much as I could, and, in general, to follow his power selection recommendations.  Not really sure about pet and pet boost powers slotting.  Resists need more work, but I am not finding ways to significantly improve them.

P.S.  Export from latest MIDs is different than I am used to, hope this works.

fOvikT7funI.png
View This Build In MRB

Mastermind (Mercenaries - Time Manipulation) - 2.mbd

Edited by Elric77
added mbd file

Figured out how to get the text version pasted here:

Primary Power Set: Mercenaries
Secondary Power Set: Time Manipulation
Villain Profile
Level 1: Soldiers SprMarofS-Dmg/EndRdx:50(A), SprMarofS-Dmg:50(9), SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg:50(11)...
...SprMarofS-Acc/EndRdx:50(11), SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(13), SprMarofS-EndRdx/+Resist/+Regen:50(13)
Level 1: Temporal Mending Pnc-Heal/EndRedux:50(A), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg:50(5), Pnc-Heal/Rchg:50(5)...
...Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg:50(7), Pnc-Heal:50(7), Pnc-Heal/+End:50(9)
Level 2: Burst Slv-Acc/Dmg:25(A), Slv-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:25(15), Slv-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rng:25(29)
Level 4: Hover LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A), Frb-Stlth:50(43)
Level 6: Equip Mercenary Ags-Psi/Status:50(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg:50(31)...
...Ags-ResDam:50(31), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx:50(48)
Level 8: Super Jump BlsoftheZ-Travel:50(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx:50(43), BlsoftheZ-ResKB:50(43)
Level 10: Hasten RechRdx-I:50(A), RechRdx-I:50(31)
Level 12: Spec Ops EdcoftheM-Acc/Dmg:40(A), EdcoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx:40(34), EdcoftheM-Acc/EndRdx:40(34)...
...EdcoftheM-Dmg:40(34), EdcoftheM-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:40(36), EdcoftheM-PetDef:40(36)
Level 14: Fly WntGif-ResSlow:50(A), WntGif-RunSpd/Jump/Fly/Rng:50(15)
Level 16: Distortion Field NrnSht-Dam%:30(A), SprEnt-Acc/Hold/End/Rchg:50(17), SprEnt-Acc/Hold/End:50(17)...
...UnbCns-Acc/Hold/Rchg:50(19), UnbCns-Dam%:50(23), UnbCns-Hold:50(23)
Level 18: Serum GldArm-End/Res:50(A), GldArm-RechRes:50(19), GldArm-RechEnd:50(40)...
...GldArm-Res/Rech/End:50(42), GldArm-ResDam:50(42), GldArm-3defTpProc:50(42)
Level 20: Temporal Selection DctWnd-Heal:40(A), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg:50(21), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx:50(21)
Level 22: Commando ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg:50(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg:50(36), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx:50(37)...
...ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(37), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg:50(37), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets):50(39)
Level 24: Farsight LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A), Ksm-ToHit+:30(25), Rct-Def:50(25)...
...Rct-Def/Rchg:50(27), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg:50(27), Rct-ResDam%:50(29)
Level 26: Tactical Upgrade ShlWal-Def/EndRdx:50(A), ShlWal-Def/Rchg:50(39), ShlWal-EndRdx/Rchg:50(39)...
...ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg:50(46), ShlWal-Def:50(46), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP:50(46)
Level 28: Maneuvers LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A)
Level 30: M30 Grenade Rgn-Dmg:50(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg:50(40), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(40)...
...Rgn-Acc/Rchg:50(48), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx:50(50), Rgn-Knock%:50(50)
Level 32: Chrono Shift Prv-Heal:50(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg:50(33), Prv-Heal/EndRdx:50(33), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx:50(33)
Level 35: Scorpion Shield LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A), GifoftheA-Def:40(50)
Level 38: Combat Jumping LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A)
Level 41: Assault EndRdx-I:50(A)
Level 44: Slowed Response TchofLadG-%Dam:50(A), ShlBrk-DefDeb:30(45)...
...ShlBrk-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg:30(45), ShlBrk-%Dam:30(45)
Level 47: Power Boost RechRdx-I:50(A), RechRdx-I:50(48)
Level 49: Web Envelope GrvAnc-Hold%:50(A)
------------
Level 1: Supremacy
Level 1: Brawl Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest Heal-I:50(A)
Level 1: Swift Empty(A)
Level 1: Hurdle Empty(A)
Level 1: Health Prv-Heal:50(A), Prv-Absorb%:50(3)
Level 1: Stamina PrfShf-EndMod:50(A), PrfShf-End%:50(3)

It's a strong build. Depending on your playstyle, the build may have endurance issues. Chrono Shift's end buff lasts for 30 seconds. Only the +rech portion lasts for 90 seconds. Taking that into consideration, when running Group Fly and the typical toggles (Scorpion Shield, CJ, Hover, Assault and Maneuvers), end gain will be around 0.7 end/sec about 72% of the time.

I recommend getting Hasten, Chrono Shift and Serum to perma.

The build is missing the Steadfast Protection +3% def unique.

I consider Time's Juncture to be one of Time's better power picks. Even if softcap, the -damage debuff is equivalent to +res to all damage types, for MM, pets and teammates, from targets affected by TJ's debuff.

I think it would be slightly better to slot Kismet +acc in a toggle rather than Farsight. Always active VS clicking to activate. I do not believe Kismet will apply to pet or teammates when slotted in Farsight.

There are a lot of slots invested into Tactical Upgrade. Maybe swap those slots with Maneuvers.

I feel like the build is starving for power picks because two travel power pools was taken. Leaping and Flight. I recommend dropping one unless you have a theme in mind or if this is also a PVP build.

Consider dropping Mace Mastery, PB and Scorpion Shield. Softcap S/L/F/C/E/N is achievable without them as I have it on my Thugs/Time MM. Though I have no travel powers (Except Ninja Run) and used IO boosters and Clarion Radial Destiny to get there. 

Maybe go Mu Mastery and pick up Charged Armor. Drop the Leaping PP and take Boxing and Tough. Can probably hit +75% S/L resist with them and some IO slotting. Energy res would get a massive bump up as well.

I'm a big fan of frankenslotting MM pets, especially Mercs. It raises their damage output a considerable amount. But the build will lose IO set bonuses making the MM overall weaker. With perma-Serum and Farsight, pets can slot for minimal accuracy and endurance. A lot of focus can be put on +dam, procs and pet uniques.

Regardless your build will kick-ass if no changes are made. Good job!