Farming Kin

r0adkill76

So there's a quite a few people that play fire/kin Corruptors and a couple of us with elec/kind that can solo monsters and AVs.

I think you need to define your farming better. Are we talking fire farming, s & l in the AE or TV/Portal Corp mishes? What kind of enemies are you fighting? Can they mez you?

Are you solo farming or running with an alt or a group? You could go sonic blast, but I build that as a defender myself.

Once you know what you're going to fight you could reasonably make a build to shore up those defenses and give yourself a resistance based shield and that's probably the best way to go.

Years ago, when I cared about farming somewhat, I had a Kin/Sonic Defender that I theory-crafted a second build for farming.  This has never seen action but it does hit the numbers I was looking for (45 fire def/75% fire res).  Defender values for weave and maneuvers being > Corr values means you'll have to eek out some more Def, like 3-4%.  If I were to tackle this again (I'm not) I'd be content to hit 70% fire res and get the other 5% from the base empowerment.

So, I'm just showing this to provide a road map - fire shield, Winter-Os, Aegises, Weave, Maneuvers then get your global recharge up for fulcrum fulcrum fulcrum.

Kin Def with Fire cap - Defender (Kinetics).mxd