Bio/MA Build

namcdan

I've recently been on a tanker bender and my most recent addition is a bio/ma. This is my first ma toon I've made but I can already see the power of spamming dragons tail with ff procs and that's something that compliments bio's desire for recharge. What I don't know is which st attacks to skip in ma (definitely not storm kick and dragons' tail), and I've been working off an old build I've found on the forums but for lack of better words it is a little bland. I know how to build bio to a degree, but I'm not sure how to slot MA's attacks other than dragon's tail. If anyone could offer assistance with a build (preferably with some procs) that would be really helpful as I'm not the best build maker.

Really depends on you.

Crane is also another kick that can take an FF proc chance.  Remember that more FF +recharge procs in different powers give you more chances for those recharges and that its a chance. There's no guarantee that you can maintian consistently 200-300 recharge within a given minute. However the likelihood is higher with more chances from successful hits from individual powers mind you. Mids stats in other words do not always correlate to actual live play realities.

Eagles claw lets you get a guaranteed 1-2 hit +dam to those other attacks, not much but small. But its a long animation by comparrison to other powers in the set.

If I build anything with MA, then I personally usually choose to start Storm, dragon, and crane and focus chi.  Anything else depends on the build goals in coordination with the armor set needs.  Damage procs there after depend on your play goals as well as if you're choosing to be more tanky, then set bonuses for positional defense, shore up more reistances or even just global +dam  bonuses may have more merit.  As you know, its all a puzzle.

The highest DPA attacks are Storm Kick and Crippling Axe Kick. Crane Kick and Cobra Strike have identical damage and animation times, with DPA slightly below CAK. You can create a complete attack chain of Storm, CAK, Crane and Cobra in pretty much any order.

Eagles Claw has a very long animation time and significantly lower DPA. Is it worth taking Eagles Claw instead of Crane or Cobra in order to get a 3-second, 33% damage buff? I you only get one attack buffed, it's pretty much a wash. If you manage to get two attacks buffed, then it's probably worth it.

I do EC-SK-CS-CK on my scrap. My tank is stone and it’s similar but can’t remember right off hand. I’m sure CAK is better but I despise the kick animation and the alternate one doesn’t flow well, I think anyway.  On a tank you can probably skip EC but it’s too cool to skip if you ask me. And the stun stacks with CS.