Gun Alternative Animation

My proposal haw two parts.

1)  Add some new glove models that have wrist weapons mounted on them.  Make a few options with bulkier weapons and others with sleeker weapons mounted on them.  Deadshot is probably one of the better known examples of a character with gauntlet mounted guns.  But we also have a number of character that have gauntlet mounted weapons.

2)  Give all weapon based power sets have a arm mounted weapon option.  This would include Beam Rifle, Pistols and Assault Rifle.  I generally picture moving the starting point of the existing animations to by the hands like other powers are (eg Fire, Radiation, Ice,...).  Considering weapons would be mounted on the top of the forearm, I would avoid hand animations that have the hand facing up and the palm showing  as it would then look like you are shooting through your hand.

Two other future options could be shoulder mounted weapons (eg War Machine) options and wrist mounted crossbow for Archery.  The archery changes would also involve shrinking existing arrows to a size that is more appropriate for a wrist mounted crossbow though.

30 minutes ago, dragonhawk777 said:

1)  Add some new glove models that have wrist weapons mounted on them.  Make a few options with bulkier weapons and others with sleeker weapons mounted on them.  Deadshot is probably one of the better known examples of a character with gauntlet mounted guns.  But we also have a number of character that have gauntlet mounted weapons.

We already have hook hands and what-not, so I'd be all for gun hands.

31 minutes ago, dragonhawk777 said:

2)  Give all weapon based power sets have a arm mounted weapon option.  This would include Beam Rifle, Pistols and Assault Rifle.  I generally picture moving the starting point of the existing animations to by the hands like other powers are (eg Fire, Radiation, Ice,...).  Considering weapons would be mounted on the top of the forearm, I would avoid hand animations that have the hand facing up and the palm showing  as it would then look like you are shooting through your hand.

This is much less likely to occur, as the weapon attacks have a set emanation point, which would have to be changed to work with these new gun-hands.  For other ranged attacks, though, the existing animations could probably work well enough...