scrapper claws question

fizzlepwn

Hey I just started a claws/wp scrapper and was wondering is shockwave worth taking in the build? I feel like the damage number on the tooltip is just about the same as like strike and felt like it is underwhelming. Any advice on this?

Shockwave is great if you can fit it in to your build, it is the best mitigation / soft control you will get for claws/wp via the knockback->knockdown IO. Usually used as an opener to reduce alpha strike damage while jousting in to the middle of the spawn for a following Spin attack. Because of the fast animation time it can even be DPA efficient in a single target rotation provided you have the endurance to maintain it. Juggling bosses usually beneficial as well, but its primary use is as a mitigation opener and 1-2 punch with Spin for your AoE output. Shockwave has some interesting proc options including FF +rchg and annihilation -res, which mainly open up at higher levels when you have global set bonuses to cover Shockwave's accuracy and endurance cost. 

The following is a higher end slotting example for Shockwave using Musculature Core Paragon to hit 110% dmg buff with a +5 dmg/range Posi IO. Use Kismet/Global Accuracy/Tactics/Focused Accuracy to skimp on the accuracy slotting. 5 posi blast IOs + overwhelming force also works for a a more endurance efficient, less accuracy dependent Shockwave, albeit less damage and utility. 

Level 32: Shockwave -- OvrFrc-Dam/KB(A), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(33), PstBls-Dam%(33), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(33), Ann-ResDeb%(34), FrcFdb-Rechg%(34)

Edited by DreadShinobi
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Currently on fire.

Its been ages since I played my Claws/wp Brute and Spin has a different recharge time it, but FU + Spin + Shockwave can be a chain with the right recharge. I feel like even on my Brute those three worked as a chain. Note, I use Hasten. Focus + Shockwave can keep a boss on its butt if need be. Generally speaking, you take one of the first two attacks, one slot it since you won't need it in the end, skip Evis, and 6 slot if possible everything else. I 5 slot Shockwave with Bombardment and then the KB/KD. Claws is plenty fast enough even using WP and without the FF proc. I say this as a speed nut. I only put the -Res proc on Slash. 

Not Claws/wp, but this is how I did my Claws/ea.

Edited by Without_Pause
  • Thumbs Up 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."