Questions about the @First Of Equals Into the YOUverse AE Mission: ARC ID 56454

The Web-Nerd

The Comic-Book Aesthetic Comes of Age in “Across the Spider-Verse” | The  New Yorker

This AE Mission was amazing and a really fun experience with an Across the Spider-verse-like story(Versions of the hero go around doing aggressive/wrong forms of hero work), and rated it 5/5 stars. But I feel as though I left with more questions at the end, and I don't know if the creator @First of Equals wants to leave it as is. But I feel as though there is a lot of story left unanswered(Why does Symthe turn into Science Mask, Who are the aliens, and who is YOU Prime). so I am really hoping for a sequel.

• 2 weeks later

How in the hell did you get the alt versions of me to have different costume colors? That's impressive. This is something I didn't know we could do. Nice!

This is such a great idea. Kudos. 

However, am KR Devil Prime. Let's just get that straight.:-)

Enjoyed it!

Notes and such:

Spoiler
  • Got a clue without a title here:image.png.534ab0b5be45c3ae1fb07481211ef649.png
  • Feel like mish titles should be color-coded, since in game ones are.
  • Looks like we need a carriage return here.image.png.476f3935f577ad83684094d5338b2604.png
  • I like the plot twist!
  • Looks like a glitch in the naming text here: image.png.17c484d00e5bdb4b70db21023453f0f1.png
  • Some clues are spawning "out of order:"image.png.d1b628695762efba3119fa4887a7b6fa.png
  • You'll need to slide the objectives in the order you want the clues to spawn, so that they read from top to bottom. You can also number them, too, if you wanted to signal what clues comes when. I only really noticed this on the last mish, but it might be good to check the previous mishes to see if the same thing happens.

Edited by cranebump

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

On 8/2/2023 at 4:14 AM, The Web-Nerd said:

The Comic-Book Aesthetic Comes of Age in “Across the Spider-Verse” | The  New Yorker

This AE Mission was amazing and a really fun experience with an Across the Spider-verse-like story(Versions of the hero go around doing aggressive/wrong forms of hero work), and rated it 5/5 stars. But I feel as though I left with more questions at the end, and I don't know if the creator @First of Equals wants to leave it as is. But I feel as though there is a lot of story left unanswered(Why does Symthe turn into Science Mask, Who are the aliens, and who is YOU Prime). so I am really hoping for a sequel.

Hey, I'm delighted that you enjoyed the arc! You've inspired me to work on a sequel, I promise. Thanks for the review and the interest!

3 hours ago, cranebump said:

How in the hell did you get the alt versions of me to have different costume colors? That's impressive. This is something I didn't know we could do. Nice!

Enjoyed it!

Notes and such:

Hide contents
  • Got a clue without a title here:image.png.534ab0b5be45c3ae1fb07481211ef649.png
  • Looks like we need a carriage return here.image.png.476f3935f577ad83684094d5338b2604.png
  • I like the plot twist!
  • Looks like a glitch in the naming text here: image.png.17c484d00e5bdb4b70db21023453f0f1.png
  • Some clues are spawning "out of order:"image.png.d1b628695762efba3119fa4887a7b6fa.png
  • You'll need to slide the objectives in the order you want the clues to spawn, so that they read from top to bottom. You can also number them, too, if you wanted to signal what clues comes when. I only really noticed this on the last mish, but it might be good to check the previous mishes to see if the same thing happens.

Ah, I appreciate the detailed response. The $name thing caught me elsewhere as well, but I had fixed that. I'll get to it on the description of The Prime (the variable works in system text and dialog, but not in descriptions, it seems.)

I'll work on re-ordering the objectives so that the clues stack up correctly. You're right that I didn't have the objectives in the mission creator list in order, some of them got created ad hoc. I appreciate this feedback, and I'll working on correcting things. 

Thanks again for the feedback!

Edited by sponazgul
typo, had "so" when I meant "some"
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, cranebump said:

Enjoyed it!

Notes and such:

Reveal hidden contents
  • I like the plot twist!

Oops, I forgot to respond to your question about Dopplegangers (although I did answer you in-game earlier)

Anyone - lets say hypothetically you were working on an AE arc that would feature dopplegangers of whomever is playing your mission. For Bosses, Captives, Allies, etc (but not general mobs) you can select Doppleganger under Standard group menu for an NPC, and then you can mess around with some options - have the costume reversed or inversed, or black and white. And you can select random powers for the doppleganger if you want...

• Thanks 1