Ice/Fire ??

smnolimits43

Ice/Fire blaster was my first ever blaster when the game first came out and has been my Main and Namesake ever since.  Blasters are my favorite AT and I like all the sets and combos thereof.  But Ice/Fire is one of the most fun and survivable combos you can have.  Lots of damage and AOEs and plenty of control for survivability.  I solo and farm at +4x8, including incarnate content.  

I took Fire Mastery as well.  With Freeze Ray, Bitter Freeze Ray, and Char, you can perma hold an EB or 2 bosses simultaneously and burn them down.  But most people hate Bitter Freeze Ray because of the animation - it's improved a lot over the years and is not as bad as it once was.  

Ice blast has a lot single target damage and of course, your holds for control.

Fire Manipulation begs for you to be in melee range and that's where you get most of your AOEs.  So, I hope you're ok with fighting in close range.  Just build up your defenses as best you can - you don't need to be capped.  With the control and damage you have between the sets, you'll be very survivable.  I see a lot people take /Fire and do not want to be in melee range and they deal very little damage comparatively - it's such a waste and you might as well have chosen another secondary that leans towards staying at range.

So... triple thumbs up - do it!  It's a BLAST!  (pun intended)  😄 

• Like 1

I got mine to 40 a couple nights ago and it's been lots of fun! Of course I've been duo-ing with a tank buddy so that makes things pretty easy too.  It's just a damage beast! I think Inferno is the best FEELING nuke in the game but Blizzard is the most efficient due to dots persisting and accepting new targets as old ones die off.

The Macros that allow you to drop Blizzard/Ice Storm on your location or on your targets location were a game changer and highly recommended. Just build to crank the recharge to the moon so Blizzard is up as often as possible, currently at lvl 40 I can drop it every other mob. I don't know if it's feasible to have it up for every mob but my final build has 201% recharge so fingers crossed!

• Like 1

SCRAPPER: Sir Kit Breaker-Elec/Shield *DumDum Pounder-WM/Shield *Snoglobe-Claws/Ice *Ice Flow Joe-Axe/Ice *TANK: Gamma Goon-Rad/Rad *Bernjamin Tanklin-fire/claws *Skullgrin Von Killjoy-Invul/SS *Frozen Snowshoo-Ice/Ice Quarry Goon-Stone/SS *BRUTE: Megahertz Donut-EM/Shield *Ohm Ahgerd Stone/Elec *Shadow Goon-Dark/Dark *Devilaint Le'Z-Rad/Fire *STALKER: Double OHM 7-EM/EA *Sir Kit Interupt-Elec/Shield *TROLLER: Chilly Lilly-Ice/Rad *Chlorophyllis Vance-Plant/Storm *Mechamoo-Elec/Cold *Johnny Burnsalot-Fire/Kin *Countess Gone-Ill/Dark *Lady Gone-Dark/Dark *Calpernia Tomik-Ill/Rad *Porkchop Scallywag-Fire/Nat *Gone Daddy-Plant/Dark *Merrie Melody-Symp/Dark *Toot Sweet-Fire/Dark *Lord Gone-Grav/Dark *Misty Burnsalot-Fire/Storm *Maddie Burnsalot-Fire/Rad *DOM: Scorched Eartha-Earth/Fire *Gazebo Malarkey-Dark/Psi *Clawsin Bloom-Plant/Savage *Diatomaceous Earl-Plant/Thorn *Permafrostasha-Plant/Ice *Corn Cob Earth/Earth *MM: Stupid Robot-Bot/Elec *Dark Leader-Demons/Dark *Silas Greenback-Thugs/Time *FENDER: *Dr. Gone-Dark/Dark *BAG3L-FF/Sonic *BLASTER: PinPointress-Arch/TA *Shimmy Burnsalot-Fire/TA *Lil Beefy-Ice/Fire *H0TT-fire/fire *CORRUPTOR: Shady Burnsalot-Fire/Dark *Kinetic Koala-Ice/Kin *Atmospheric Hazel-Water/Storm *Hami Dum-Seismic/Nature *SOA *Big Gravy-Crabbermind *Sentinel: NP Seymour-Elec/Regen