The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Remove agro limits. not totally, but More than they are now at least.

JackDaniels

On 9/28/2023 at 4:00 PM, JackDaniels said:

And I know the first thing most are going to say. "YOU JUST WANNA HERD!"

NO! I just want the game to be a challenge again. everyone plays' their character like they are invincible and everyone's a tank. It needs to get back to where every class is needed  to be an efficient group.  It will make it more fun for others to play other roles like Healer or controller or even the heal/trollers.  right now gone are the days of seeing in global or group chats "Looking for tank" "Looking for Healer" etc. make it harder so playing the game takes a bit more thought and not just every person in the team running around the map nuking everything on their own and force everyone to play "as a team should." 

I know this will not be well received but I myself really think this needs to be done to ad more of a challenge back to the game. Just my two cents, if you don't like it then move along

Not sure when you think this sort of game was ever required but it was long gone by late issue 3 and I doubt it ever was required.  By early issue 4 of my 6 or so characters one was a Defender - Empathy/Dark Blast (Dark Lightning) and another was Cometfall, an Earth/Empathy - Controller.  Neither fit the description of 'Healer' though both were capable enough using the healing powers neither relied on them.  Right out the door she used and slotted her blasts and he definitely learned the power and utility of his CC powers.  Within a short time I joined the Repeat Offenders SG and among their SGs was one of the original RO SGs an all Defender Empathy group ... nothing and I mean nothing slowed them down, most foes were basically speed bumps.  Ever use a Nuke back then and have all your toggles drop with all your end vanish.  More than once I let loose with Atomic Blast looked down at my power trays to see what needed toggling back on only to see an endurance bar at 3/4 full climbing rapidly with all my toggles still running (Tactics and Assault required plus other optional powers).  This was long before IOs and before even CoV existed.  If anything was required it was well, nothing, after about the 4th Empath, was needed or required.  Helped perhaps, but needed not a chance.  You could have dropped a dozen mobs on a team of 8 and a few seconds later and all you did was increase the xp rate.  Ever try to kill something at or above the defense soft cap that was also at the regeneration hard cap along with healing of HA/HO plus silly amounts of recharge and mez protection?  I'll be moving along now.

Edited by Doomguide2005
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, Rudra said:

I'm not sure where you're coming from with this part though. There are powers and a power set I find obnoxious as all Hell (looking at you, Electrical Affinity), but I'm not seeing the power customizations as cluttering the screen any more than the regular power animations did.

I agree with this. Any effect of power customizations is minuscule compared to (some of) the regular animations, especially those that generate a bajillion 'particles'