Scramble Minds?

Onlyasandwich

I'm putting together a Psychic/Ninja Blaster, and having trouble wrapping my mind around the potential of this power.

The animation time seems a bit long, even with the chain effect, and the random nature of the status effects make it unreliable at first glance for synergy with other mez you have access to.

What is your experience with this power - is it worth it? Am I missing something about the potential of the mechanic behind it?

I have a Psi/Nin I quite enjoy myself and after the changes to Psi I was so impressed with the damage utility of the power that it ended up replacing The Lotus Drops as an additional AoE.

The mez effects are nice extras but not important enough alone to warrant usage. I typically like to chain it up after Cyclone, so that by the time mobs are getting back on their feet they are affected by some form of additional mez.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

love this power: Flavorful, unique, and effective. I'm Psi/Energy, so I can start wayyyyy out of range of a mob, Power Boost for increased secondary effects, and fire off Scramble/nado sometimes twice before the mob even gets to me. The immobs/holds/sleeps from Scramble slow their advance just enough to be useful on indoor maps.

Plus, it's just cool to watch your psychic-mind-scrambly-thingies bounce around a bunch of enemies as they panic/go unconscious/fly into the air (from nado)...

• Like 3

Thanks for the input, @pawstruck and @twozerofoxtrot!

Do either of you happen to use it with procs? I know that other chain powers don't play nice with procs (only the primary target really gets hit by them to any worthwhile degree). Is Scramble Minds any different in this respect?

Mine is also a Psy/Nin. The only real swap I could make is to drop Smoke Flash. I'm tempted, as it serves a sort of similar purpose while also doing damage, though the effect is less instant.

Edited by Onlyasandwich

Thank you both for encouraging me to try it! What an absolutely hilarious power. I love it.

Short recharge, strongish mez effect, even if chaotic. The damage is pretty respectable given how much you can cycle it and that the control effects are mag 3. If I'm feeling silly I can just run around the room kiting everything while spamming.

Also, since it does like every status effect, it technically synergizes with all my other controls! 😄 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later
  • 2 months later

Which enhancement do you slot in Scramble minds there? I don't recognize the picture

On 10/18/2023 at 4:44 PM, twozerofoxtrot said:

I do not, for the same reason you've outlined plus it was beneficial to slot an epic set there since I'd proc'd out a lot of my other attacks.  

image.thumb.png.223d9a3f3edd5eaee7e9c6cfe844cad7.png

Here is my full build:

Blaster (Psychic Blast - Ninja Training).mbd

Slotting for Scramble is:

• Superior Frozen Blast: Damage/Endurance/Accuracy/RechargeTime
  • Superior Frozen Blast: Recharge/Chance for Immobilize
  • Ragnarok: Damage/Recharge/Accuracy (+5 boosted)

@twozerofoxtrot is using a 5 slot of the Ragnarok set. 

Edited by Onlyasandwich