Dark/Spines Tank Build -Request-

Wreckoning

Hiya,

Need a Dark/Spines tank build that is solid at tanking - anyone got one to share?

Thanks ahead of time

[Edit:  I should have included 'Request' in the title - sorry for wasting the time of those that came here looking for a build to be posted 😞 ]

Edited by Wreckoning

• Wreckoning changed the title to Dark/Spines Tank Build -Request-

I don’t have a build for this exact combo but I’d recommend searching the tanker forms here for Dark/x builds and x/spines builds. Then try some experimentation yourself by smashing those two builds together. You could even search the scrapper and brute forms for this combo too.

once you have a build drafted the community here could probably provide more specific feedback if you come back and link your draft build.

On 11/9/2023 at 6:18 PM, Wreckoning said:

Need a Dark/Spines tank build that is solid at tanking...

Solid at tanking is pretty ambiguous. What are you tanking? Are you aiming for any particular content? What about difficulty level? Are you using it for hard mode content, up to one, two, three, four stars? What kind of power pools are you looking for, what about travel power, and incarnate choices?

Dark armor is a fairly strong resistance based armor set that adds utility with stealth, stun, and fear. There's quite a few ways to build it. Spines is a lethal damage with a bit toxic damage set that gives an extra PBAoE damage aura, and adds more range than typically found in a melee set with impale and throw spines.

There's a bunch of us with experience with each set. I've personally played both together on a scrapper, but on a tanker you have higher HP/res caps at the cost of criticals.

I'd suggest using mids, and taking a stab at putting your own build together, discussing your build goals and must have power choices, and asking for targeted assistance to help you hit your build goals.

I can help you out, but I want you to actually put effort in to help you learn the justification for which IOs/powers your choosing so that it will ultimately make you a better player than just slotting out someone else's build and trying to figure it out.

34 minutes ago, SeraphimKensai said:

learn the justification for which IOs/powers your choosing so that it will ultimately make you a better player than just slotting out someone else's build and trying to figure it out.

^---this

Great advice.

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

I just wanted to add that DA has one of the best (if the best) self heal in the game. Granted you need to make sure it hits, but even so, it's still awesome, and it adds an additional layer of mitigation after that damage that get through your Defenses (if built for), and Resists.

Nothing warms your opponent like Fiery Melee.

Tanker Tuesday and Tanker Tuesday Tour Info:

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Special weekend run for Reunion/Europe