Dawn Radio exclusively on Excelsior

MadVyking

Excelsior has a music station . Dawn Radio at www.dawnradio.org. DJ's every day from various games, but for COH we are Excelsior.

Enjoy music while doing your stuff and listen from various styles and fun. Formed by Sovereign Rayne and holding the proverbial manager position Mad Vyking ( both from Virtue's Hero Dawn), we are a player based station .

As i said we are on many games s o here is the schedule and what games the DJ is on. All starting times are eastern

Sunday

11am: Taste like Chicken from Star Trek Online

3pm Hot Wings from CO

6pm Fritz from a secluded bunker....

9pm: Techzaz from COH AND CO

Monday

5pm: Haze from CO

8pm: Paragon Radio with Pogoman and Mad Vyking. Talk about gaming movies and anything superhero stuff on CO and COH

10pm: Hot Wings on CO

Tuesday

8pm: Coconut hip hop/club music alternating on CO and Playstation home. 

Wednesday

4pm Tricky Raven on COH

7PM: Mad Vyking request show from COH and CO

11pm: Hot Wings on CO

Thursday (Metalday)

3pm Malycia Takar from co and coh alternating 

6pm: Thunderstruck from Final Fantasy XIV

9pm: Urlik from CO and/or Lord of the Rings Online

Friday (Bunny Night- dance party music)

7pm: Mad Vyking with warm up show from COH and CO

Note: During dev cc on Champions Hot Wings fills in

9pm: Alto with main show on CO

Saturday (INSaturday)

5pm: Quote the Raven with Tricky Raven on COH 

8pm: Coconut and the Meme attack from CO

11pm: Jester and the Dark Carnival from COH and CO

Special shows

Wednesdays: The new misadventures of Stan and Lou ( with permission from the creator Hertz)

Saturdays: Dawnmination (if want examples there is a YouTube Channel of previous matches. Look for Dawnmination)

Midnight album with Hot Wings...any day at Midnight eastern. 

July 25 -28: Dawncon 9

Enjoy the music, the fun and the camaraderie of dawnradio.org. Upon asking can invite to dawn radio in-game chat and discord.

Mad Vyking

Manager and nutcase 😛

Edited by MadVyking
  • Thumbs Up 3

5 hours ago, Troo said:

"exclusively on Excelsior" well that's too bad.

Yes it is.  They have a huge SG base which is not easily replicated on other shards.  You can still listen to the show.  They DJ across multiple games simultaneously. 

If you multibox you could park a toon on Excelsior to check it out while keeping things going on your home shard.

• Thumbs Up 2

Troo, fair comment. I shall explain.

When we came to Homecoming we checked out the servers.  If we saw a few stations or one big one, we did the respectful thing and let them do their thing. It lead us to Excelsior.  When we did find another station, again we did the respectful thing. We went to their shows and vice versa. So when I say exclusively. I mean we have a base here, do our main business here and respectfully let the other servers have what they have. Now if your sg want a dj for an event, we can talk.

Hopefully that explains it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think you need to get the word out about Dawn radio.  I don't think most players are aware of it.  A lot of players don't browse the forums. Maybe a gimmick or something.  Mad Vyking and Tricky Raven need to be known!

Here are a few ideas.

1.  Have Tricky Raven make a commercial while trying to use a Texas accent.

2. Create a series of Ae missions that involve Dawn- Radio.

a.  ( like Lord Recluse only likes bluegrass music and is determined to destroy the station! J/K)

b. Dr, Aeon seizes control of Dawn Radio so he can use the station's antenna to mind control Atlas park citizens . only to broadcast every detail of his plans and his Netflix password.

c. A alt dimension version of Ghost Widow becomes a DJ ( voiced my Tricky Raven) This Fools Arachnos into believing she's been kidnaped. The heroes have to stop the "rescue" attempt.

To avoid forum raging.  This is not intended to be serious! I was just really saying I think a lot of players are unaware of the station or some of the fun that is had.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

OK Holiday Schedule

Dec. 20: Bah Humbug day - no holiday music during request night. Any holiday request will be replaced in the tradition of the very old game show "The Gong Show" with Easter Parade.

Dec. 25: Christmas starts with a midnight show with Taste Like Chicken. Then various djs jump on during the day such as Tricky Raven, Hot Wings and Mad Vyking and  a bonus Taste Like chicken after wards

Dec. 31: The New Year's Countdown with DJs marking the top of the hour for certain time zones ending Jan 1 for Pacific.

Edited by MadVyking
  • Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later
  • 2 weeks later
4 hours ago, MadVyking said:

Want to thank all who were there as we celebrated coh homecoming becoming legit in atlas park today

From all of the Dawn Radio DJs to the listeners we say: "thank you"  

Edited by DJ ALTO MK-7 v2
  • Thumbs Up 3

Nyah

2205002-01b.thumb.jpg.756f523b370e0041fdf94fa8e5b56d5a.jpgHave you ever considered a scripted "Jerry springer style" show on Dawn Radio? Just short 2 minute segments. Over DRAMA is a must! 

Shows like

1. The forum character "Snarky" is really "bat boy" from the tabloids!

2.I fell into Crey goo and got superpowers and my parents can tell me what to do

3.My "Baby Momma " is Hamidon and is forced to take a D N A test! 

4.Ghost Widow blocked me on "only fans"  after I donated 10.000,000 Inf

5.Stateman is ALIVE and fighting crime with Tu pac and Elvis!

6. Ms. Liberty sue's Dawn radio for saying Stateman is fighting crime with Tu Pac and Elvis!

7. Hell Lord Satan become reborn, and everyone just thinks it's a trick to steal everyone's soul!

These segments could include "voiceovers  from players" point being the more engagement! the more Music ,Fun and exposure!

This is also a great opportunity for other listeners to add "New" Ideas!

Edited by Enchantica
I forgot the bat boy! I was drinking
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1