The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Blue Eye Samurai

On Netflix. It's fantastic. The storytelling in E5 is one of the best episodes one can see in a year. While the awesomeness of fights can be deemed lesser as they are animation, E6 was still pretty great for me. Invincible is top tier, but I have read the graphic novel for it, so it isn't as fresh as it could be. This feels like the best animation since Arcane.

Con: Not family friendly nor recommended for people who like to watch things on the more conservative side of things. While much of the sex/nudity fits, the more problematic stuff will come from the brothel scenes. I was fine with it, but I'm just saying if your 10-year-old kid wants to watch it, yeah, that's going to lead to a conversation. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Emma Strange: Ill/dark Controller. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Hesitation: Claws/sr Scrapper. 8. Within Reach: Axe/stone Brute. 9. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute.  10. Chasing Fireworks: Fire/time Controller. 

"Downtime is for mortals. Debt is temporary. Fame is forever."

• 3 weeks later
On 11/17/2023 at 4:28 PM, Without_Pause said:

This feels like the best animation since Arcane.

I said what I said. First third is spoiler free, and yes, the villain is fantastic.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Emma Strange: Ill/dark Controller. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Hesitation: Claws/sr Scrapper. 8. Within Reach: Axe/stone Brute. 9. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute.  10. Chasing Fireworks: Fire/time Controller. 

On 12/9/2023 at 1:01 PM, lemming said:

Good show.  Just finished it.  My only quibble is unrealistic wound recovery.  (Not that that isn't a common thing in action series)

As per the spoiler side of the review, it is a hat tip as to what people characterize the main character as. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

It's getting a second season.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.