The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

wormhole miss for boss causes falldown animation without aggro

Ridiculous Girl

on my level 43 grav/time controller, Souvenirs, who abuses both wormhole and fold space to an alarming degree, i noticed that sometimes if wormhole missed the boss in a group targeted, the wormhole TP animation will cycle through and the boss will be knocked down, despite not being teleported from its place. the knocked down boss will go from down to directly standing, with no intervening standing up animation. the fallen boss will not aggro, only TPed targets will aggro. this will happen if the boss is targeted or a random mob of the same group is targeted. wormhole is 6-slotted with sudden acceleration, obviously including KB to KD. i have been solo running through missions on a +2/2 with bosses settings. the last time i noticed this was on a PI rikti radio mission.

i'll see if i can get pictures... 🙂

"I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours" the Cheshire Cat

"Ce n'est rien de mourir; c'est affreux de ne pas vivre"

(It's nothing to die, it's terrible not to live) Jean Valjean

"وطن المرء ليس مكان ولادته و لكنه المكان الذي تنتهي فيه كل محاولاته للهروب”

(Home is not where you were born, home is where all your attempts to escape cease.) Naguib Mahfouz

this was a +3 warwolf boss, that was hit by wormhole, hit with overpower, failed to TP, was knocked down, did not aggro. the nearby vamp boss was hit, but did not TP, did not fall down, did not aggro either. all of the minions from the two groups, were hit and TPed to me, with the usual knockdown.

image.png.77d440f4abe6e4bed10f451c7037d93c.png

Edited by Ridiculous Girl
added boss to vamp

(Home is not where you were born, home is where all your attempts to escape cease.) Naguib Mahfouz

Are you sure that you actually had misses on those? The teleport magnitude on wormhole and fold space is only high enough to teleport +2 bosses. The fact that they were knocked down says to me that you did in fact hit the warwolf and vamp, but just didn't teleport them due to level difference. I don't get why they didn't aggro though.

From Champion (Hero) and Infinity (Villain), currently playing on Everlasting.

Former member of the Hammers of Justice on Champion.

Raid leader for 'Everlasting TFs'.

Mains: Trickery Girl (Ill/Rad Controller), Burk (Sword/Shield Stalker), and 7 other complete badge characters.

On 12/2/2023 at 3:26 AM, Burk said:

Are you sure that you actually had misses on those?

no, i am not sure... i guess i will have to make a copy of the combat log the next time, did not even think about that.

i am not really sure what is happening, because it you look at the picture, it looks like it hits both bosses. but they fail to TP, and the warwolf is knocked down.

i'll try again and make better notes. 🙂

COMBAT LOG:

[19:08] You activated the Wormhole power.
[19:08] HIT Vortex Cor Leonis Archon! Your Wormhole power had a 95.00% chance to hit, you rolled a 38.76.
[19:08] HIT Vortex Cor Leonis Force! Your Wormhole power had a 95.00 % chance to hit, you rolled a 56.94.
[19:08] You Stun Vortex Cor Leonis Archon with your Wormhole (OVERPOWER).
[19:08] You knock Vortex Cor Leonis Force off their feet with your Wormhole!
[19:08] You Stun Vortex Cor Leonis Force with your Wormhole.
[19:08] You knock Vortex Cor Leonis Archon off their feet with your Wormhole!
[19:08] You Stun Vortex Cor Leonis Archon with your Wormhole.
[19:09] You activated the Propel power.
[19:09] Readying Propel.

image.png.f20eb8df9e51e0686017e05a40c44d3e.png

now, i am beginning to wonder if this is not a bug, and it is working as intended, strange as it seems. +3 boss and minion, both hit, both stunned, both knocked off their feet, minion teleported, and as burk pointed out only +2 bosses will be teleported and not +3 bosses, so boss was not teleported. the fallen boss just gets up again, i have not seen stunned animations, nor does the boss aggro. i am obviously not in perception range, because my stealth will supress and the singularity is right behind me, so what is going on here? any other ideas?

On 12/5/2023 at 6:08 PM, brass_eagle said:

Another thought--what enhancement do you have slotted to convert to knockdown? If it's the Overwhelming Force proc for KB to KD with a chance for KD, that might cause aggro.

wormhole and singularity are both 6-slotted with sudden acceleration.

***Later I realized you can't even slot Overwhelming Force in wormhole. Doh!

However, I think you are describing intended behavior of the power. Wormhole does not inherently cause aggro, not even on teleported, knockdown/back, and stunned targets. You can test this by Wormhole-ing any level appropriate group to a location out of aggro range. Any aggro would likely be from pets, proc enhancements, your own powers, or your proximity.

As was pointed out, Wormhole's teleport is too low of a magnitude to have any effect on +3 bosses. This is true for +4 lieutenants as well. Are you seeing anything other than the scenarios below (not taking into account special resistances)?:

HIT! (+4 minion, +3 LT, +2 Boss)

--Visual fx -- Teleported, knocked, & stun magnitude applied

HIT! (+4 LT, +3 Boss)

--Visual fx -- Knocked & stun magnitude applied

MISS! (any target)

--No effects applied.

If so, then it might be a bug (provided I have all the scenarios correct).

Edited by brass_eagle
added "not" for clarity

On 12/8/2023 at 12:09 AM, brass_eagle said:

However, I think you are describing intended behavior of the power. Wormhole does not inherently cause aggro, not even on teleported, knockdown/back, and stunned targets. You can test this by Wormhole-ing any level appropriate group to a location out of aggro range. Any aggro would likely be from pets, proc enhancements, your own powers, or your proximity.

As was pointed out, Wormhole's teleport is too low of a magnitude to have any effect on +3 bosses. This is true for +4 lieutenants as well. Are you seeing anything other than the scenarios below (not taking into account special resistances)?:

I am starting to think that it is working as intended, since i have not seen anything, i think, outside of those parameters since then.

TL;DR: It appears to not be a bug.

• Thumbs Up 1