Video Issues

tolrick

One of my SG mates is having nothing but a black screen with music, and a small white arrow in all versions of the Tequila launcher.  The video drivers are a late 2009 version apparently, and the company (Intel) stopped supporting it at that time.

2009 drivers should still be sufficient for the game.  Ideas on how to workaround? 

Paragon City is, and always will be, my home.

That's the problem.

I have a ... very good memory when it comes to certain parts of CoX. Anything that is on a post-I17 based client engine will never work with Intel integrated graphics.

Even at original release, they were never officially supported.

The only two-time Manticore Lookalike Contest winner and Sean Fish approved Archery/Fire Blaster.

"I solo'd this as an Ice/Ice Dom and all I got was this lousy t-shirt."

The video drivers are a late 2009 version apparently, and the company (Intel) stopped supporting it at that time.

2009 drivers should still be sufficient for the game.  Ideas on how to workaround?

Is your mate trying to run the game on onboard video? That might be a problem.

I'll find out, but I don't think so.

Paragon City is, and always will be, my home.

• Retired Game Master

Good Afternoon,

Can you provide what Intergrated specs the GPU is? As as mentioned, past a point during COH/COV Life, OpenGL3 was required, and some older intergrated cards do not support GL2.

Cheers

GM Xellx

hexapixel_alpha.png

The video drivers are a late 2009 version apparently, and the company (Intel) stopped supporting it at that time.

Is your mate trying to run the game on onboard video? That might be a problem.

I'll find out, but I don't think so.

If you're using "Intel" in the name of the graphics drivers, it's most definitely integrated. Your friend is going to need a dedicated GPU.