Fury

evanestal

I've had a hard time getting straight answers on how Fury works.  Playing an Savage Melee / SR brute and I have no idea what a "stack" is or why I should care.  Can anyone point me to a resource that tells me what Fury does, what a stack is, and how to strategize for Fury?  Thanks!

Can anyone point me to a resource that tells me what Fury does, what a stack is, and how to strategize for Fury?  Thanks!

As far as resource, not anymore, sadly; the Inherent menu-option is broken.

"Stack" here is a generic gaming term that refers to any buff, debuff, or other effect that has a cumulative discrete benefit.  For example, if you have a power that you can cast once every ten seconds that gives you +10% (more) damage each time you cast it, and its effects last for one minute, you can "stack" it 6 times.  In your case, you have at least two kinds of "stack" -- the stacking effect of Fury and the stacking effect of Savage Melee combo points.

In general terms, you gain one quanta ("stack") of Fury whenever you attack or are attacked, regardless of hit or miss.  I don't know if each stack is a full point -- IIRC it depends on the set how much each attack is worth -- but I do know that for each full point you have, you get a 2% damage buff.  You lose stacks of fury over time, with the timer ticking faster the more you have -- you'll fall down to 80 or so Fury very quickly from 100, but it takes quite a while to go from 20 to 0.  One of your goals is therefore to make and receive as many attacks as you can as quickly as you can to maintain high Fury and do as much damage as possible.

(Since another goal you have is not dying before you defeat things, you don't really want to receive "as many attacks as you can," but Brutes often disfavor -rech and knockdown effects because they feel like it deprives them of Fury.)

No-Set Builds: Tanker Scrapper Brute Stalker