Dark/Dark or Dark/Time

Goblin Queen

Hello all.

I've played many doms and controllers (and corruptors and defenders) over the years and know Dark quite well as Defender/Corruptor. I only got to play it a bit before the shut down years ago. I'm looking to redo my Goblin Queen as a kind of Queen of Air and Darkness vibe. She used to be Illusion/Kin and later Plant/Psi Dom but I figure it's time for her to be Dark something now.

I have tons of alts planned for various dark stuff in the above mentioned ATs (including some melee ones) so that's the only thing making me hem and haw about Dark/Dark and wondering about Dark/Time.

Thoughts on how they play together? I solo a lot but also enjoy teaming.

Thanks!

GQ

I adore my Dark/Dark Controller, and thematically it works great together.  It is a combo that feels pretty good early, and just gets better as you level.  It solos well and teams spectacularly.  I will warn you that if teaming with a Kin you want to be cautious in those big rooms with summoning spirits they get unruly with Speed Boost and make lots of friends for you.

Although I think if I was going to make a Goblin Queen I would probably go Demon Master Mind.  Maybe there are demon Lore pets to complete the look.

I adore my Dark/Dark Controller, and thematically it works great together.  It is a combo that feels pretty good early, and just gets better as you level.  It solos well and teams spectacularly.  I will warn you that if teaming with a Kin you want to be cautious in those big rooms with summoning spirits they get unruly with Speed Boost and make lots of friends for you.

Although I think if I was going to make a Goblin Queen I would probably go Demon Master Mind.  Maybe there are demon Lore pets to complete the look.

I used to suggest back in the day on the old forums that we could tint the demons green actually. Just for that reason. Haha and funny enough, I was eyeballing a Demon MM last night who had all their pets out and was like... this could work, even if not green. :P

I have another old classic character, Brimstona, who was Fire/Fire blaster, then Fire/Dark Corr, and finally was going to remake into Demon/Dark MM but... choices. :)

These two gals were my very first characters in CoH beta/live so they've had a lot of variations.

PS - no demons per se for Lore pets but Rularuu, Storm Elementals, and Phantoms can fit the bill for her.

Thanks for the responses! Sounds like Time paired with Dark isn't jumping out as an option over Dark/Dark.

The other thing is that controller /Dark Affinity is a slightly different powerset than Dark Miasma. It's got much of the same but has Fade and Soul Absorption replace Fearsome Stare and Petrifying Gaze which are in the primary (well something MUCH BETTER than Petrifying Gaze is).  Fade is a click defense buff which stacks nicely on top of shadow fall, and Soul Absorption which is like the love child of Dark Consumption and Dark Regeneration: it drained life from all nearby foes living AND DEAD and grants you and party members near you a +regen +recovery buff.  It's basically CRACK.

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

I concur that Darkness Affinity indeed seems better than the already fabulous Dark Miasma, due to the two powers swapped in for two powers that controllers (and especially Dark Controllers) do not need.  With Fade and Shadow Fall you are pretty sturdy, and once you get Soul Absorption slotted the heavy end use of the set is not an issue on a large team.  Although I still went with Cardiac for the end reduction as it helps wit End usage when you are solo and there are less souls of foes to absorb.