Scrapper - Katana/Willpower

Valcarde

I'm rubbish at making builds.   Looking into making a Katana/Willpower scrapper.  My goals are to try to softcap non-positional defenses, get a good amount of HP, and handle msot content solo.  Currently have 41.5 to smashing/lethal, 40 Fire.cold, 35%~ Energy Negative., toxic 17.5%, and Psi at 29 ish.   Smashing resist is almost capped, f/c/e/n is sitting... low, 26%, toxic at 18% (eef) and Psi resist at 45.  Trying to figure out what i can do to get these higher without sacrificing too much.

Not married to Weapon mastery for the epic pool.  Can I get a look over and see what I can change?  

Sir Blade 2.mbd

Well, also, my invul scraps don't have e/n to 45% with only one target in range and they are super fine. Also, the power transfer procs help a lot, especially on wp or regen, or any toon really. 

Thanks for your input!
Looking over the build, I see a few things I'm definitely going to incorporate and seem to be working better.  I'm going to poke around a bit more and see what I can get, but currently have S/L up to 44.8% or so and s/l resist capped.  Just need to tweak a leeetle bit further.  Thanks!

Didn't think about breaking up the scrapper AT set, that was a big one.

I hit 50 and have alpha t4. Tweaked build I previously posted. I’ll post final one I’m playing later if anyone cares. It’s pretty solid. Undecided if I’ll go barrier or the heal one. 

• 3 months later
On 1/13/2024 at 12:17 PM, Thraxen said:

I hit 50 and have alpha t4. Tweaked build I previously posted. I’ll post final one I’m playing later if anyone cares. It’s pretty solid. Undecided if I’ll go barrier or the heal one. 

Hey i'd like to see the final build lol, I need help with Katana/Willpower scrapper, what did you end up going with

39 minutes ago, Thraxen said:

I can share when I get home. It’s a Highlander type toon so some power choices cause of that, like no travel power. 

Yeah that'd be great if you wouldn't mind, i'd appreciate it. Ive seen some build up divine avalanche, or completely ignore it, so im tryin to just get some examples.. i'd rather use it if i can help it right, it's supposedly pretty good. Im just new to scrappers though, and katana.

Edited by R jobbus

47 minutes ago, R jobbus said:

This looks great, thanks so much! 

yea I was working on something similar but this helps alot. it's pretty stacked.

I might switch like one thing out for a travel power lol but other than that his clears up alot of my questions. Awesome

no prob. Just did ITF on since we were talking about it. Lots of fun. For sure room for different ancillary or travel if you’d like. 

On 4/17/2024 at 4:07 PM, Thraxen said:

no prob. Just did ITF on since we were talking about it. Lots of fun. For sure room for different ancillary or travel if you’d like. 

So I used this build and it's really amazing, the defense and stuff is just wild and I solo'd alot of things. Very fun build. I have a few questions:

1) do you think it's possible to add more damage to this build? or is this just kind of what you expect from a katana scrapper. it's still solid damage, but I'm just unaware

of what I should be expecting. Like does this build stress more defense or is the damage what it should be for the most part

2) How exactly do I use divine avalanche.. like I know you just use it, but does this build need for it to be used more than 2-3 times to get the full use out of it? I'm unclear on it.

Sorry for all the questions, just new to scrapper and all this and very much appreciate all the info. again, thanks for the build, super fun 

1.  I'm sure you could.  I don't much like cones most of the time on scrappers but taking it would add to aoe.  Could switch ancillary for a snipe or another aoe.  Could sacrifice some set bonuses and add procs.  If on a team you don't even have to use DA.  It adds defense of course but isn't the highest dps attack.  

2.  Can skip using it on team and just do other three attacks.  Would need something else or use DA to fill small gaps.

It is mostly a theme build which is why I took the self rez.  

1 hour ago, Thraxen said:

1.  I'm sure you could.  I don't much like cones most of the time on scrappers but taking it would add to aoe.  Could switch ancillary for a snipe or another aoe.  Could sacrifice some set bonuses and add procs.  If on a team you don't even have to use DA.  It adds defense of course but isn't the highest dps attack.  

2.  Can skip using it on team and just do other three attacks.  Would need something else or use DA to fill small gaps.

It is mostly a theme build which is why I took the self rez.  

what set bonuses would you sacrifice to add some damage. I know i just need to get my incarnate stuff up lol that'd probably help. 

I do like the self rez just cause im a scrub

Could easily go down some defense, resist, and max hp.  Switch to recharge bonuses, get hasten perma, add some procs I guess?  It kinda became an experiment to see if I could get softcap defense and hard cap s/l resist and hp.  Willpower is pretty flexible.