Ill/Dark Controller Help

iMExcitedI

As I'm sure someone will ask, what are you looking to do with your character? I don't use Mids, but I can share my experience with my Ill/Dark, which just hit 42 (my thread is here).

I took everything from Illusion except the two Invis powers. I find Spectral Terror and PA to be your bread and butter, alpha-breaking powers. You want them to have recharge, and you also want acc. and damage in PA. 

I got my 5 Luck of the Gambler +Def/Recharge slotted as soon as possible. I also got the Numina, Miracle, and Performance Shifter endurance uniques slotted early, to take care of the endurance issues. 

I'll be honest, the only useless power (IMO) in /Dark is the intangible one (Blackhole?). I took all the others and slotted accordingly. Since recharge is needed, Hasten is also necessary. I also took Maneuvers, both for the Defense and as a spot for a LotG. I went with Psi mastery for the +status resist (although it cant be activated once youre hit with an effect) and the +Res shield (a place to put both +3%Def uniques). At 42 I have no endurance issues, decent recharge, and 15.8% defense to M/R/AoE (only have one of the 3% uniques slotted so far, so second one will put me at base 18.8%). 

• Thumbs Up 2

Global: @Renatos

Main Defenders on Everlasting:

Liza Frost - Lv.50 Cold/Ice; Tara Sonara - Lv.50 Nature/Sonic; Voice of Gaia - Lv.50 Sonic/Sonic; Tenebrous Tide - Lv.50 Dark/Water; Elloria Neutrina - Lv.50 Empathy/Radiation;

Hailblast - Lv.50 Storm/Storm; Elektra Cross - Lv.50 Electric/Electric; Agent Sureshot - Lv.50 Trick Arrow/Electric; Agent Blayze - Lv.46 Thermal/Fire; Twilight Servant - Lv.42 Time/Dark; Commander Trax - Lv.29 Traps/Beam Rifle

Quick addendum to the good advice above: I'd definitely add the Panacea +End/+Health unique in Health as well as the Numina and Miracle unique enh. 

Illusion/Dark is something I've been thinking about myself, I think a thematically they would be a good fit.

I know Dark/ really well, but Illusion not so much.

Completely agree on everything except Black Hole from /Dark unless you want BH as a panic button. I don't think you'd need it. /Dark is a really tanky (-ToHit and +Def) secondary with excellent self healing between Twilight Grasp, Soul Absorption, and Dark Servant's Twilight Grasp. Add that to the tanking ability of PA, and I think you'll be very durable. 

I don't have a build handy, but will post one back when I sit down to do one. Have to get through a busy week at work first. 🙂

• Like 1

This is currently what I've come up with myself. It seems decent, but I know there's probably more that can be squeezed out of it or different slotting for things, I'm just not sure how to go about it.

I'm really just wanting something to can solo everything and do really well in group play. Ill/Dark seems the most fun for me and from what I've tested in the test server, it's very fun.

Controller - Illusion Control - Darkness Affinit111y.mxd