Ranged Fortunata: Mu Mastery?

Hello. New..ish player here. I'm really loving playing a ranged  Fortunata. I understand a hybrid is more effective, and I may grab a few AOE melee abilities later, but for now while I'm learning the game with higher end content on the horizon, I really like ranged control/DPS for survivability.

I just unlocked patron powers, but I haven't taken one yet. I see all the ranged builds are taking soul mastery. However, I'm wondering if Mu Mastery might be better to offset some of the lower damage people see from ranged only builds, especially as I understand soul mastery is getting nerfed soon.

Has anyone tried mu mastery? It seems like it could be a real good fit, but I'm still kind of new and unsure. What do you all think?

23 minutes ago, Ashakira said:

Hello. New..ish player here. I'm really loving playing a ranged  Fortunata. I understand a hybrid is more effective, and I may grab a few AOE melee abilities later, but for now while I'm learning the game with higher end content on the horizon, I really like ranged control/DPS for survivability.

I just unlocked patron powers, but I haven't taken one yet. I see all the ranged builds are taking soul mastery. However, I'm wondering if Mu Mastery might be better to offset some of the lower damage people see from ranged only builds, especially as I understand soul mastery is getting nerfed soon.

Has anyone tried mu mastery? It seems like it could be a real good fit, but I'm still kind of new and unsure. What do you all think?

As far as I know VEAT Soul Mastery is not getting nerf. If you're going to play ranged.

• Gloom and Dark Obliteration are good range attacks
  • Mu has nice AOE attacks, but they are low damage by Epic standards. You do get a lot of AOE though. Reasonable choice.
  • IMO Mace has too much KB tax
  • Leviathan on live isn't very good due to the cone cast times. Page 7 version is much better.
    • Look at the Page 7 Night Widow show case to see two of the cones in action. Arctic Breath and Bile Spray. Psychic Scream isn't great on Forts, it's much better on Night Widows.
Edited by KaizenSoze
  • Thanks 2