Weird Audio Issue

Meph

I had no problems downloading and installing (the respective directories both via Cream Soda and Tequila). And the game seems to run fine for the most part, but I have a really peculiar audio issue that I can't figure out.

Basically what I'm experiencing is just "half" the sound fx occur. For example, my tier 1 abilities, say for example charged bolt on my rad/elec defender never plays any audio. But the tier 2 ability, lightning bolt in my case, always plays it's sound effect. I've checked this on multiple heroes and powersets and none of the tier 1 abilities play sounds. It appears as though enemy swings aren't always making a sound either.

Am I missing something? I've played with the audio settings, tried using speakers and headphones, but it's all the same.

I see this as well and sometimes animations don't play either.  It usually happens in an area with a lot of characters and animation effects/powers being triggered at the same time.  As I play on a laptop using onboard sound and graphics and it doesn't detract from my game play or enjoyment of the game, I ignore it.

If you run DXdiag you will see a sound tab that has a drivers box with the date an provider.  You can check with the provider for updated drivers and see if this helps the issue.