Questions about my ele/ele sentinel!

StarseedWarrior

Hey fellow heroes, villians and those in between I have some questions regarding this powerset if anyone does not mind thanks!

First question is havoc punch worth taking in the epic pool? I was going for a little melee mixed in but I was not sure if this was the best use of my power.

Are tough and weave vital for this set?  Is hasten neccesary as well? It seems like I can always use an attack so far with no issues with just one slot of rech in some abilities.

Does anyone recommend slotting for more end drain then damage in powers? I like to be useful on teams end game to thanks all!

Havoc Punch is a fine power. Since Electric Blast already has a PBAOE attack, you're gonna spend at least a little bit of time in melee anyways so picking up a melee ST attack is a reasonable investment. 

Tough is definitely mandatory for capping your S/L resists. Weave is strongly recommended because it gives you a place to slot things like LOTG, Shield Wall, and/or Reactive Defenses. 

For slotting I'd personally slot them up like normal damage powers. You could consider the hybrid sets like Synapse's Shock or Power Transfer but you give up some other stats for that. A better idea would be picking up an alpha incarnate ability with endmod in it, such as Musculature Radial (which gives damage and endmod both). 

Hasten is usually considered an auto-equip on most characters because of its disproportionate amount of recharge boost in a single power. Electric Armor's automatic recharge boost might slightly alleviate the need for this. You can live without Hasten but it's still very much recommended. 

Closed Beta Discord Invite: https://discord.gg/DptUBzh

18 hours ago, StarseedWarrior said:

Does anyone recommend slotting for more end drain then damage in powers? I like to be useful on teams end game to thanks all!

I've had good results slotting Synapse's Shock in Short Circuit. Walk up to a group and flatline their endurance. I've also got Musculature Radial, which enhances both end mod and damage, so I'm not giving up much. 

I slotted 5 of Synapses Shock in Voltaic Sentinel. Short Circuit is a good idea because it has a high end drain to modify! 

Generally though, I wouldn't devote specific slots to generic end drain IOs, as you get 33% to end mod and damage from Musculature Radial as @Uun said. The Aim clone boosts end drain while it's up along with to-hit and damage, so your sapping gets a lot of natural support.

I took Chain Fences rather than Havok Punch on my Elec/EA sent, but Havok would let you keep up greater pressure on a target instead of using a lower- damage power in your attack chain.