Force Field / Electric - Behold the genius of my SCIENCE!!!

PancakeGnome

How do you do, I am Dr. Nova Quark, and I'd like to share my revolutionary discoveries into battle science!!! While I achieve these results with my amazing Cybercell Technology, you may achieve similar results with enough dedication to your own craft. May my research help you in your efforts to achieve greater power as you investigate this area of SCIENCE!!

So sit back and let us dive into what makes me..... Dr. Quark: Super genius of SCIENCE!!!!

What you will see is enhanced by Agility Core Paragon. An incarnate ability of great power!! Enhancing endurance modification and recharge rate and defense even more than my science can do alone!!!!

First, I am what many call a "defender", though such a label fails to grasp the full scope of my genius! For I do far more than "defend", I also offend!! And arrest! And defeat any foe that dares step in my path towards ultimate SCIENCE!!!!

image.thumb.png.62e8070e2eff412dc17b2ee6348bd1a8.png

The first aspect of my power is the ability to inhibit even the most dangerous of foes. Though I've learnt, through much research, that while draining the energy of foes is the primary focus.... you can not focus entirely on it!! No no, you must strive for some balance with your damage as well. 

image.png.747d051a5b389b9300ba42f517ced254.png

First off is Charged Bolts. Here is a quickly executed attack which can be thrown in most anywhere. Combined with a chance for toxic damage AND a boost to endurance drain.... this attack is perfect to keep things locked down.

image.png.b04af634dafd4f4963c694d9f58e4879.png

Next is Ball Lightning. The meat of what does damage to group of foes and can finish off the drain from Short Circuit. Though it also uses research into Synapse's Shock to increase my global recharge and natural movement speed! A critical aspect which can not be overlooked!! Along with a proc for additional damage from Bombardment.

image.png.5778556e8564baace2d32e331fab05d8.png

Now Short Circuit is where you get into the backbone of what can inhibit foes. The drain is enough to shut down all but the mightiest of foe!!! Especially when enhanced temporarily (as we will get into). But, like before, it is also enhanced to give global recharge and additional proc damage from Armageddon.

image.png.247d32ad0dcf8f64290f3da7ce00e713.png

Now, for the longest time, I did not have this ability. But I quickly found when soloing ITF that my single target damage was underwhelming. Taking Zapp corrects this problem and gives you a strong single target attack to throw into the mix. Again, enhanced with a proc from Sting of the manticore AND the proc from Apocalypse!! Turning it into a truly fearsome attack!

image.png.7132997acfd88a658add9e497d7ccab7.png

Voltaic Sentinel is another important ability. But you might notice that it is enhanced.... in a very special way. Overwhelming force gives it a knock down proc, Energy Manipulator gives it a stun proc, and Soulbound Allegiance gives it a build up proc!!! Turning it into not only a highly draining ally that will follow you around and keep difficult targets locked down.....BUT ALSO provide useful procs and damage!!! Truly my genius knows no bounds!!!!

image.png.85ab5ffc2c0cebe84e85b243b58820be.png

Here is the greatest of draining attacks you might have at your command. A thunderous blast can drain an AV over half of their energy!!! Along with an additional damage proc from Positrons blast. You can see the energy drain is top notch, the recharge is quite good, and even damage / accuracy is respectable!

I suggest leading into groups of foes with this attack boosted. They will all be shut down instantly if you have it up.

image.png.b9acc6344fc0dda087614d0c2fbd9621.png

And finally, Charge Up. It's easy to believe this is just a build up....BUT IT ISN'T!! It ALSO gives an enhancement to your endurance drains!!! Not as powerful as power boost later, but still plenty useful to take!! As, remember, shutting down enemies is the primary purpose of this science!!!

image.png.855cbaee4fe02de95bdfb42743a8a17c.png

And double finally, POWER BOOST! Which not only increases your energy drains...but also increases your defenses and shields for others! For 15 seconds!! Allowing you to easily overcap your defenses for the alpha strike!! Originally I took this from energy mastery.... but later I switched to soul mastery for a much better effect (it recharges faster and other soul mastery powers are better in terms of resistance, even though no T9 resistance buff))

image.thumb.png.bb11db537f05019f3b99922389e7890e.png

So that covers the damage and the great science of shutting down foes..... but what good is simply being able to shut down foes? If they can defeat you easily?

This is where my true genius shines!!! For you might notice my power armor, capable of defending myself against even AVs without a sweat!!! Battle tested and quite strong!! Not only for myself, but also for all of my allies!!! Truly, this combination is what takes things to the next level!!!!

image.png.2ec0872f22ba02ee337db886beb81fb5.png

First off is a personal force field generator, enhanced even further with passive knockback protection AND scaling damage resistance!! Along with having the defense enhanced.... so that it is strong enough to deflect even attacks in a 4 star advanced difficulty mission!! That's right, this armor can take on the most extreme of extreme challenges!!! Genius? No.... no... SUPER GENIUS!!!

image.png.13f8b967f3ab2013499424752cd4e88a.png
image.png.10f4de462685367faadef98d817c92a2.png

These two shields will go far in protecting your allies when you are not nearby. Giving 25.4% defenses!!!! While also enhancing your own movement and recharge speeds!!!
image.png.ba5a5e8d9b2d3dcf07c1b6bdec332471.png

Now this is where we find the first element of the armors great personal defense for combat. As you can see, it has been enhanced in a quite special way... fully slotted to give just about everything you could want! Additional resistances and recharge! Along with giving your allies additional protection when you are nearby. It's the full package!!

image.png.35154415ddf104e0182370e996736c5d.png

Additionally, Maneuvers will enhance your shielding aura! For yourself and allies!! Together with Dispersion Bubble.... this is over 23% in defenses! To yourself AND allies!! Softcapping all of your allies defenses, had they not had so before!!

image.png.c898e7d650ced3513f618e214ae3b4c9.png

It took me some time to appreciate what this does. But in can truly turn the tide in more difficult battles. Protecting you against having your defenses shredded.... and helping to reduce the enhancements of foes (such as nemesis vengeance, turning a dangerous problem into a minor annoyance). Notice the enhancement to defense, this will help further protect your own defenses from being torn through so easily (as well as your allies).

image.png.6bb12d173a70a3c02491366769b52a6e.png

Now, so far the armors defenses are good.... but it must be enhanced a bit more to take it to the next level. To make it truly ready for battle. Here you can see it isn't really enhanced that much, only with some passive defense increases in the slotting (and it should have a 4th enhancement for PSI resist also)).

image.png.bf6a16b7a49fb9f5d124abd8b82e2269.png

Additionally, Weave is quite important. Since while your allies may be well protected... you are still falling behind. But you can see further enhancements to resistance here as well! 
image.png.d0e2f2f839eca70d905bf03ab637f550.png

This is the core of your resistance!! From Soul Mastery!! Enhancing the armor with the power of dark energy will take you to a new level!!! 

But first... Let us talk about side powers.

image.png.61af0bc5059afdaeefc78c04178124b7.png

I highly recommend these basics in first aid technology. Since while you can defend yourself quite well with these sciences... you can still be worn down without a way to recover without use of inspirations. Additional aiding other can be quite useful to save fellows in emergencies. Especially when you bring them close to you to protect them with your additional shielding and science!!

image.png.8efed70f4bb77025859c439047747fbd.png

Next, some teleportation technology!! This will allow you to shield yourself and proceed to infiltrate missions. While also rescuing in trouble allies and bringing them under your protection. I've saved countless heroes with these, and it creates immense utility. But, moving around in missions with only teleport and a skiff is quite troublesome. Which is why many of my powers were enhanced with passive movement speed increases. Turning my normal move speed into a quite respectable rate.

image.png.c5383f22a6394e7f44b0000f9a1080f7.png

I also added a 3rd slotting with -res here. But it just helps increase your power to take down large groups. 

image.png.82f8113a42ebd7706c4c54caee93bbb8.png

Finally is Assault. Though this is very much down to preference. I just figured the additional 20% damage to the group was probably the best use, over accuracy. BUT, I could see someone taking tactics instead and slotting it with the chance for built up or something of that sort.

image.png.10884595cb25cf3df0821d8d709cc49f.png

Also it's worth noting how these are slotted. As you can see there is some passive healing and shielding and focus on endurance recovery, since endurance is going to be your greatest problem (though largely solved, it can still be an issue if enemies drain).

SO! Let us talk about what the armor can do in the end!!

image.png.03a2b78f0b28ed3ef173dfa3707ad627.png

Behold!! The power armors defensive stats!!! Quite strong in general, and able to handle a wide range of threats. Especially enough to shut them down with energy, as you can't just face tank forever, shutting down enemies is key.

BUT! With power boost, you can overclock your armor for 15 seconds (to take alphas)

image.png.85f2f1da0a65d6b7d2d414f7720b0e77.png

Making you easily jump into the middle of enemies power boosted, then follow up with a boosted Short Circuit or Thunderous Blast to completely shut down your foes!!!!!

Additionally, you can use the melee incarnate ability to have a strong RES and Regen increase, along with Eye of the Magus to give you even more RES and DEF. Effectively covering you in almost any situation.

So, not only do you softcap your allies....give them 20% damage buffs....AND can control / shut down large groups of enemies..... but you can also just run in first as the primary tank!!! You don't have to taunt things to tank, since once you are in there and everything is drained, no one is being attacked anymore.

Truly this is the height of science!! The height of GENIUS!!!!

Now go, take my research... and improve upon it!! I just pray it does not fall into the wrong hands, for it is too powerful.... far too powerful!!!!

Hero Defender
Build plan made with Mids' Reborn v3.6.6 rev. 3
──────────────────────────────

• Primary powerset: Force Field
  • Secondary powerset: Electrical Blast
  • Pool powerset (#1): Teleportation
  • Pool powerset (#2): Medicine
  • Pool powerset (#3): Leadership
  • Pool powerset (#4): Fighting
  • Epic powerset: Soul Mastery

Powers taken:

Level 1: Personal Force Field

• A: Reactive Defenses: Scaling Resist Damage
  • 3: Reactive Defenses: Defense
  • 3: Invention: Defense Buff
  • 45: Karma: Knockback Protection

Level 1: Charged Bolts

• A: Gladiator's Javelin: Chance of Damage(Toxic)
  • 5: Gladiator's Javelin: Accuracy/Damage/End/Rech
  • 5: Gladiator's Javelin: Accuracy/Damage
  • 7: Invention: Endurance Modification
  • 7: Gladiator's Javelin: Damage/Recharge
  • 9: Gladiator's Javelin: Damage/Endurance/Recharge

Level 2: Deflection Shield

• A: Luck of the Gambler: Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed
  • 9: Gift of the Ancients: Defense
  • 43: Gift of the Ancients: Defense/Increased Run Speed

Level 4: Ball Lightning

• A: Synapse's Shock: EndMod
  • 11: Synapse's Shock: Damage/Rechage
  • 15: Synapse's Shock: EndMod/Recharge
  • 17: Synapse's Shock: Damage/Accuracy/Endurance
  • 17: Synapse's Shock: Damage/Recharge/Accuracy
  • 19: Bombardment: Chance for Fire Damage

Level 6: Insulation Shield

• 19: Gift of the Ancients: Defense
  • 43: Gift of the Ancients: Defense/Increased Run Speed

Level 8: Teleport

• A: Warp: Range / Increased Perception

Level 10: Short Circuit

• A: Synapse's Shock: Damage/Rechage
  • 21: Synapse's Shock: EndMod
  • 23: Synapse's Shock: EndMod/Recharge
  • 23: Synapse's Shock: Damage/Recharge/Accuracy
  • 27: Synapse's Shock: Damage/Accuracy/Endurance
  • 29: Armageddon: Chance for Fire Damage

Level 12: Dispersion Bubble

• A: Luck of the Gambler: Defense
  • 13: Luck of the Gambler: Defense/Endurance
  • 13: Luck of the Gambler: Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed
  • 15: Luck of the Gambler: Defense/Endurance/Recharge
  • 25: Luck of the Gambler: Defense/Recharge
  • 31: Luck of the Gambler: Endurance/Recharge

Level 14: Aid Other

• A: Healing

Level 16: Aid Self

• A: Panacea: Heal
  • 29: Panacea: Heal/Recharge

Level 18: Teleport Target

• A: Blessing of the Zephyr: Knockback Reduction (4 points)
  • (Empty)

Level 20: Zapp

• A: Apocalypse: Chance of Damage(Negative)
  • 25: Apocalypse: Damage
  • 45: Apocalypse: Damage/Recharge
  • 45: Sting of the Manticore: Chance of Damage(Toxic)
  • 50: Apocalypse: Damage/Recharge/Accuracy
  • 50: Apocalypse: Recharge/Accuracy

Level 22: Maneuvers

• A: Luck of the Gambler: Defense
  • 48: Luck of the Gambler: Defense/Endurance/Recharge
  • 48: Luck of the Gambler: Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed
  • 48: Luck of the Gambler: Defense/Endurance

Level 24: Boxing

• (Empty)

Level 26: Damping Bubble

• 27: Luck of the Gambler: Defense/Recharge
  • 37: Luck of the Gambler: Defense/Endurance/Recharge
  • 40: Luck of the Gambler: Defense

Level 28: Voltaic Sentinel

• A: Soulbound Allegiance: Chance for Build Up
  • 31: Energy Manipulator: Chance to Stun
  • 31: Overwhelming Force: Damage/Chance for Knockdown/Knockback to Knockdown
  • 34: Overwhelming Force: Accuracy/Damage
  • 34: Overwhelming Force: Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • 34: Invention: Endurance Modification

Level 30: Thunderous Blast

• A: Synapse's Shock: EndMod
  • 36: Positron's Blast: Chance of Damage(Energy)
  • 36: Positron's Blast: Accuracy/Damage
  • 37: Synapse's Shock: EndMod/Recharge
  • 37: Positron's Blast: Damage/Recharge
  • 43: Positron's Blast: Accuracy/Damage/Endurance

Level 32: Tough

• A: Steadfast Protection: Resistance/+Def 3%
  • 33: Unbreakable Guard: Resistance/Endurance
  • 33: Gladiator's Armor: TP Protection +3% Def (All)
  • 33: Aegis: Psionic/Status Resistance

Level 35: Dark Embrace

• A: Unbreakable Guard: Resistance
  • 36: Unbreakable Guard: Resistance/Endurance
  • 39: Unbreakable Guard: Resistance/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • 46: Unbreakable Guard: +Max HP

Level 38: Power Boost

• A: Invention: Recharge Reduction
  • 39: Invention: Recharge Reduction

Level 41: Weave

• A: Shield Wall: Defense
  • 42: Shield Wall: Defense/Endurance/Recharge
  • 42: Shield Wall: Defense/Endurance
  • 42: Shield Wall: +Res (Teleportation), +5% Res (All)

Level 44: Soul Drain

• A: Fury of the Gladiator: Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge
  • 46: Fury of the Gladiator: Damage/Recharge

Level 47: Charge Up

• A: Invention: Recharge Reduction

Level 49: Tactics

• (Empty)

Inherents:

Level 1: Vigilance

Level 1: Brawl

• (Empty)

Level 1: Sprint

• (Empty)

Level 2: Rest

• (Empty)

Level 1: Swift

• (Empty)

Level 1: Hurdle

• (Empty)

Level 1: Health

• A: Numina's Convalesence: +Regeneration/+Recovery
  • 11: Miracle: +Recovery
  • 40: Preventive Medicine: Chance for +Absorb
  • 40: Panacea: +Hit Points/Endurance

Level 1: Stamina

• A: Performance Shifter: EndMod
  • 21: Power Transfer: Chance to Heal Self
  • 46: Performance Shifter: Chance for +End
  • 50: Synapse's Shock: EndMod/Increased Run Speed

Level 1: Shocked

Level 49: Quick Form

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I applaud your genius, Dr.!

May I humbly suggest tightening the coils on your power source to create a powerful back-EMF and thus increasing your output voltage?

Put a Gaussian Synchronised Fire Control Chance to Build up in Charge Up and it will almost certainly provide a 5 second +80% damage increase at exactly the moment you're about to fire off your Thunderous Blast.

• Like 2