The Rich Alt's Guide to Perma-Dom

MonteCarla

I've seen it said several times here that Dominators have one of the biggest gaps between baseline performance and kitted out IO set performance. I do not disagree. 
In their base state, Dominators are like control-heavy damage-light blasters, relying on active defence to stay alive, with an on-again/off-again mechanic of Domination that lets them handle bosses. With Set IOs this becomes permanent, and Dominators have mez protection and decent passive defences, and can dish out boss-level crowd control. 
A well-built Dominator is a combination Controller, Scrapper and Blaster.

Who do Carnie Master Illusionists fear? Perma-Dominators, that's who! Lock them down in one swift move before they can pop their pets out!

This guide is for players with a couple of 100 million lying around, and takes you through how to enjoy the power of Perma-Dom as early as possible. It's a very satisfying journey, watching that global recharge number increase and the magic of Perma-Dom fall into reach.

My levelling habits
I slot attuned enhancement sets as early as feasible, and with Dominators its always recharge as an exclusive goal. Secondary to that I'll go for Defence.
Round about level 30, I'll start to experience chain-Domination, where you sometimes get one Domination kicking off after another, but not always. By 40 I'll have perma-Dom going reliably if I'm vigilant with Hasten. By 50, with a few purple sets swapped in, I'll usually have full perma-Dom where it refreshes without me having to click Hasten at all.
Despite this, I always take Hasten to get long recharge AoE controls and other good powers up as quickly as possible.

I also try to build for personal defence, as it can save your skin while you establish control in an alpha strike. I aim for good Defence values, and try to cap S/L Resistances to 75%, since this covers a lot of the big heavy damage hits in the game

Basic Setup
I put Domination on auto, and take Hasten early
I put them both in a "utility tray" with things like Long Range Teleporter, next to my main three trays, so I can see them. I then add a couple of binds:
\e bind q powexecname Domination
\e bind e powexecname Hasten
I've found auto powers don't always fire immediately, and sometimes you can lose Domination from not clicking it fast enough.
Activate Hasten manually whenever it's up.

I use the Powers->Combat Attributes panel to display my Last Chance to Hit, Global Recharge and Melee, Ranged and AoE Defence.

I set Options->Windows->Powers: Recharge Indicators to Bottom,  so I can see when Domination and Hasten are about to be ready again.

Power Pools

Speed - must have.
Hasten - absolutely take this. You can achieve perma-dom without it, but at perma-Dom levels of recharge Hasten also becomes permanent. You will have some AoE controls and Build Up style powers that you want up as often as possible, so its general benefit is huge. Remember, you can turn off the Visual FX for this at the tailors if you like.

Fighting - Dominators get very good values for Red/Def powers, almost level with Tanks/Defenders 
Kick is a write off, since your primary and secondary are filling your trays with much better clicks than this. I keep it in my tray as brawl-on-steroids, and found it handy at early levels.
Tough takes both +Def uniques for 6% straight away, and will help you get to 75% S/L resists with a Epic armor.  (60% for both powers slotted, 7.5% for the P2W buffs, and another 7.5% from set bonuses)
Weave adds 7% Defence and gives you 12.5% Recharge if you slot 1 LoTG unique and 5 Red Fortunes.

Leadership - Almost always take this.

Manouvers is about +5% defence slotted, and can take a LotG and 5x Red Fortune. 
Tactics is great for preventing blindness and making your attacks land, very important when you rely on active defence.
Vengeance opens up later as another LotG mule. 

Concealment - maybe

Grant Invisibility and Infiltration are LotG mules, especially if you're not going with Psionic Mastery

Flight/Leaping - maybe

Hover/Fly or Combat Jumping, adds another LotG mule plus 2.5% defence or so

Epic Pools
Ice Mastery 
Defender-level Sleet, around every 30 seconds (down from 120 base) with your big recharge bonus! This is very hard to pass up despite not contributing to the main aims of this build type.
Ice Armor will help cap your defence against S/L, but you lose the chance to cap S/L resistance.

Psionic Mastery
Link Minds is another +7% Defence, almost perma. (Note it can't be slotted for recharge, but is affected by global recharge) With a Power Boost style power this becomes almost 10%) And it's a LotG mule slot.

Indomitable Will - the mez protection is already covered by perma-Dom, but capped Psi Defence and another LotG mule slot are useful.
Mind over Body - I prefer a resistance armor, since you can get to 75% S/L resist fairly easily on Dominator values.

Primal Forces Mastery
Energy Torrent and Explosive Blast can take the Force Feedback +Recharge proc and have a 35% and 18% chance of triggering if they hit, giving +100% recharge for 5 seconds. (Slot with the FF proc and 5 x Positron's leaving out the Dam/Rech one?) This effect doesn't stack, but can be up for a decent percentage of time if you're steamrollering on a team.
Energy Torrent does Knockdown, Explosive Blast does Knockback, so you may want to slot it with a KB to KD. 
Temp Invulnerability will get you close to the S/L resist cap along with Tough, maybe to 75% with a few incidental set bonuses.

You can take different Epic sets in different builds if you want to experiment, and have the inf to burn.

IO sets to chase

This was my shopping list before playing my new holiday project Pink Topaz:
Ascendancy of the Dominator: +8.75% Recharge and +3.125% Ranged Def at slots 5 and 6. Put this in a Stun or Fear power, or an immobilise even
Holds: Basilisk's Gaze: 4 slots give +7.5% recharge and 1.25% Ranged Def. Good for both single target and AoE hold
Confuse: Malaise's Illusions +6.25% Recharge and +3.125% Ranged Def
Stuns: Stupefy +6.25% Rech at 5 slots, +3.125% Ranged Def at 6 (but this means adding knockback to your power)
Spectral Terror: Cloud Senses for +6.25% at 4 slots, ranged Def at 6 slots
Pets: Expedient Reinforcement: +6.25% at 4 slots, ranged Def at 6 slots

Melee attacks: Crushing Impact +5% at 5 slots
Melee AoE: Obliteration +5% at 5 slots (and +3.125% Melee Def at 6)
Ranged Attacks: Decimation +6.25% at 5 slots
Snipes: Sting of the Manticore: +2.5% Ranged Def and +7.5% Recharge at 5 slots

Dominating Grasp: Maybe use the unique Fiery Orb later on. But no Recharge bonus means don't slot this set.

I'll usually slot just enough pieces to get the recharge bonus until the slot-rich late-30's and early 40's, when I'll add in the extra pieces for defence bonuses.

Other sources of +Recharge
- The P2W  buff give you +15% Recharge. These cost Level*Level*1000 per hour, and you can buy up to 8 hours worth. They are not crazily expensive when you're levelling up. The first batch, costing a mere 8,000 usually lasts me until level 20. The next batch at 20 would be 3.2 million, and lasts well into the 30's
- Base Empowerment gives you +20% for 90 minutes from using a Base Empowerment Station. Use TAXI-4000 or ZONE-8888 as good practical bases that are easy to remember, with simple layouts
Ingredients are any set of:
(Clockwork Winder, Boresight, Temporal Sands)
(Alchemical Silver, Improvised Cybernetic, Symbol)
(Ruby, Kinetic Weapon, Destiny)
- The Force Feedback +Recharge proc. This gives you +100% recharge for 5 seconds. Its unreliable, but hefty, and can have considerable uptime if you're spamming AoE Knockback powers such as the Primal Force Mastery attacks or Psionic Tornado. You won't want to rely on this for perma-Dom, but it gives you more breathing room in heavy combat.

Defence: 
My baseline is:

P2W Buff +5%

Fighting +13% for slotted Weave and the Steadfast and Gladiator's Armor unique IOs in Tough

Manouvers +5%

Combat Jumping or Hover: 2.5%

Total: 25.5%, so you're capped with a medium Luck.

Add Link Minds and you're capped with a small Luck, and probably capped vs Ranged at all times with the sets listed above. 

Example at Level 27 (Pink Topaz, Earth/Energy/Primal Forces)

Fossilize: Basilisk's Gaze x4
Salt Crystals: Sandman Heal IO
Stalagmites: Ascendancy of the Dom x6
Earthquake: Rech IO
Volcanic Gasses: Basilisks Gaze x4

Bonesmasher: Crushing Impact x5
Whirling Hands: Obliteration x5
Power Up: Rech IO
Total Focus: Crushing Impact x5

Fly: Fly SO
Hover: LotG +Rech

Kick: Range SO
Tough: Steadfast & GA +Def IO's

Hasten: 2 x Rech IO

Defence: +13.5% (+19% Ranged)
Recharge: +46.25% (+81.25% w/ P2W and base buffs)

One day in, and I'm already chaining Domination regularly. I got 4 Dominations in a row during the level 20-29 Hero Tips Alignment Mission (big map, 3 bosses, Blast Furnace and Nocturne), which felt wonderful.

By level 35 I'll have 20%/26% defence and 68%/103% recharge, so keeping perma-Dom up if I pay attention to Hasten.
By level 50 it's +98%/133% recharge, with maybe another 10% as I start to invest in purples, so into the world of perma-Dom without Hasten (or easing up on the P2W buff as it gets more expensive)

This lifestyle is expensive. If you're looking to make some decent influence while mainly fighting/committing crime, acquire merits by doing Task Forces, Giant Monsters and story arcs, buy Enhancement Converters and list for 1 inf. You'll get almost 1 million per 5 merits. If you want to devote more time to making more inf (like I do) use those converters to upgrade common recipes that you craft into rares, and convert those into juicy rares! See the Marketing forum for examples.

Happy Dominating!

Edited by MonteCarla
  • Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

• MonteCarla changed the title to The Rich Alt's Guide to Perma-Dom

It may be worth mentioning that it tends to be helpful to have some amount of recharge / movement debuff resistance somewhere in the build (ie: slow resist, which usually reduces incoming debuffs to both recharge and movement). As a potentially reasonable benchmark, 50% slow resist seems to be noticeably effective at protecting against having permadom fail due to recharge debuffs, while also not costing a lot in terms of slots, defenses, or global recharge. 

The kind of content run and the usual level of enemies relative to a player's characters can significantly influence preferences for cold / recharge debuff resistance. Some may feel that it is unnecessary to bother with slow debuff resistance, while others want noticeably more to 50% slow debuff resistance.

Typical sources of slow / movement debuff resistance include Winter sets (usually only 2 or 3 IOs from a winter IO set are needed in a single power to boost resistance against incoming recharge / movement debuffs), the unique slow resist IO in the Winter's Gift universal travel IO set, and some endurance modification sets. 

Edited by EnjoyTheJourney
  • Like 3

Ooh, good idea!

I've never built towards that before - time to revise my plans a little!

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Category:Sets_that_improve_Slow_Resistance

Winter's Gift unique in Flight gives 20%.

Two pieces of Blistering Cold in Kick gives +10%/15% (Catalysed)

And I could probably lose Obliteration in Whirling Hands for 2 pieces of Avalanche and frankenslotting for another +10%/15%

That would be 50% recharge debuffs for one slot, slower flight and losing 5% global recharge. I think I'm sold!

Edited by MonteCarla
  • Thumbs Up 1

One commonly available choice could be to put 2 (superior) frozen blast IOs into the AOE immobilize power, if it has been taken. Often just 2 (superior) frozen blast IOs are all that's needed for an AOE immobilize power, depending on what role they play in your build.

Frozen blast IOs that boost accuracy and endurance would generally be good enough for such powers, although you may sometimes want % damage increased as well (ie: perhaps for roots and for fire cages). That way you may avoid losing recharge or any noticeable amount of damage, while still hitting a 50% benchmark for slow resistance. A sample build with 50% slow resistance is provided as one potential approach to minimizing losses from slotting slow resistance. 

Dominator (Gravity Control - Radioactive Assault - Psi Mastery),Vigor alpha.mbd

Edited by EnjoyTheJourney

@MonteCarlaexcellent guide and summary for Dominators. 

As you i follow up the same path mostly: after Lvl 22 ensure my stamina and health with hasten and then chase all + rech set bonusses i can. 

When i plan my dominators i tend to aim for +170% recharge w/hasten and also 44% ranged defense bonuss. 

Lately i`d been respecting some of my doms into Primal Forces Epic. My Elec/Elec and my Ice/Energy are both running Primal dure ET and Conserve Stamina plus the +Res shield. 

However my Plant/MA, Dark/Rad, Mind/Dark, Stone/Fire and Symphony/Sonic dominators are all into Soul Mastery due some great power choices as Dark Consumption (+end) Dark Embrace (res shield), Soul Drain (+to hit +dmg) and Summon a Seer (pet)

By now i can tell all my doms have a great survivality at +54 end content and also enough +rech to get perma ongoinig easy. Some of them require permanent endurance monitoring and also good timing handling conserve power, using Dark Consumption or Ageless. 

I completely support your path guide in this post and in general terms id the way to go if you can afford it.

• Like 1

• 2 months later

Would love to see a budget build (say <=100mill) for a plant/thorns dom, with only the more affordable set IOs and padded out with attuned std IO enhancements where possible. (I mostly solo, so there is that...)

I'm really enjoying mine, but am worried about how she will scale through the terrible twenties and thirties if I make some mistakes. Is it even possible to build a perma-dom without massive investment in unique/global enhancements for the -recharge...?

Edited by Nostromo21

Game over man, game over!

@Nostromo21 Even if you make some "mistakes" and you can't hit perma-Dom, the character will very most likely still be quite playable.  Maybe you can't make insane-o runs thru solo TFs at 4/8, but still playable!   My most recent Dom is at Vet Level 30 or so, and she never reached perma, and is still a beast.  I usually PUG, but Doms are about the safest soloists (apply hold, then move in to attack the helpless), apart from Stalkers, but both may be a tad slow for today's cracked-out style of play.  

Most of the sets listed above aren't all that pricey TBH either; heck, shoot me a forums-note with your global and I'll send you some Inf.  Early Doms can be rough, but when they start to bloom later, woo boy, the wait is worth it!

• Thanks 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Posted (edited)

Hey Nostromo!

The most expensive sets are:

- Ascendancy of the Dominator (8 mill each, do 48 mill) gives you +8.75%

- Luck of the Gambler +Rech (4-5 mill each, so maybe 20 mill for 5) gives you 5 x +7.5% = 37.5%

You can definitely substitute Ascendancy for something cheaper to score +6.25%, like Mailaise Illusions, Trap of the Hunter, or Call of the Sandman?

Here's a really rough guess with sets, recharge bonuses and rough cost in millions of inf to buy the sets up to the recharge bonus level.
Throw in the +20% Empowerment buff, and you will easily be hitting perma-Dom with manually activated Hasten
(never played /Thorns, so guessing some powers)

1  Strangler        Bas.Gaze                    7.5        8
1  Skewer           Decimation              6.25        10    
2  Roots              Positrons Blast        6.25        6
4  Fling Thorns
6  Hasten    
8  Seeds of Conf  Malaise Illusions       6.25        5
10 Impale
12 Combat Jump   LotG unique              7.5        5
14 Manouvers        LotG unique              7.5        5
16 Build Up
18 Vine                   Bas Gaze                  7.5        8
20 Thorn Burst        Obliteration              5        10
22 Carrion Creepers    Positrons Blast     6.25      6
24 Tactics
26 Fly Trap                  Expedient Reinf.    6.25    8
28 Ripper                   Obliteration           5        10
30 Vengeance             LotG Unique        7.5        5
                                                           78.75%        86 mill

The LotG's are pretty good bang for buck still, and I think relatively cheap at them moment. If you're looking to save money, skip the Obliteration sets first

Edited by MonteCarla
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks guys, that's great advice! I have 3 or 4 LotGs I can unslot from other toons already, so should be able to afford the rest! :classic_biggrin:

(forgot to mention, I'd prefer to build an all-ranged dom if possible, so that will change some of the sets and powers above no doubt)

I also don't really understand the predilection for Vines. It's got a very long recharge time, and seems inferior in every way to Roots. The only thing it appears to be good for is sticking 4 Bas Gazes into it to get the 7.5% global recharge - is that it...? 8-/ Same with 4 in Strangler then I guess?

Edited by Nostromo21
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later
Posted (edited)

I vary from one Dominator to another, Starseed.

I've played some Dominators where its a key part of who they are, give them softcapped Defence and S/L resists, and they confidently tank on Task Forces. (Pink Topaz, my Green Lantern like Earth/Energy was a definite case of this approach.)

My current Arsenal/MA Dom doesn't take Fighting, but I think still has a bit of Leadership.

What do you tend to take instead?

One thing I've found with Dominators, is they share the "most clickiest" award with Blasters, since both powersets give you active powers rather than toggles or passives. Couple this with the fact I'm chasing high recharge, I doubt I could pick any more powers to actively use due to animation time and available slots, so having a few toggles is good in that way too.

(Plus Weave, Manouvers and Vengeance are all LotG mules)

Edited by MonteCarla
  • Like 2

Is there something different about perma dom?  I have 3 doms, one whose fully kitted with perma hasten and dom that uses keys to fire everything off yet have no issues at 180% recharge total.  The other two are 123.75% with no Hasten and its all passive, once Dom is full it fires off...the 2nd was auto click fire, doesn't go off now but months ago it would just AFK and refire off every 89.9 seconds.  3rd is the same as 2nd, even tried a key bind to put into autofire while Dom is active.  Dom wears off, the bar empties before refill during buff so requires manual rebuilding.  This last one I wanted to make an Earth/Earth Dom for mid level contintent with very little defense, just an agent of chaos with stuns, KB, and KU but with the bar emptying Its kind of boring.

Thinking a crash drain was added to take effect, BEFORE it could recycle and reapply on the same full bar like it went.  I had a huge file scan on CoH, and its not Tuesday so I can't be tinfoil pants on head crazy.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

You got me panicking, Outrider! 🙂

I just checked with Pink Topaz, who conveniently has 123.75% Recharge buff when I use the Base empowerment. When Domination goes off, it has a recharge of 1:29, and manages to fire off again without Hasten when I'm idle, as long as CoH has focus. After typing this, I've lost Domination.

With Hasten up, it's been cycling fine of course.

So Perma-Dom doesn't appear to be broken unless you're on a knife's edge with recharge AND you background the game?

Posted (edited)

What I have noticed recently (post the last big update) on my up and coming Arsenal Dom was the drain sound effect would go off sometimes when I was chaining Dominations. It felt like it happened when a Domination expired, regardless of whether it had been stacked/replaced with another one. But I didn't get a Domination drain actually happening, just the noise.

Edited by MonteCarla

Not sure how you guys have 'perma' dom, even with enough recharge to pop it off as soon(er) as it expires!

My problem is, as a mostly solo carebear, how do I rebuilt the dom bar quick enough to make domination even feel like it's semi-perm...?

As it stands, unless I'm in a big group doing trials say (which I've been dipping my toe into), it take far longer for me to refill my bar, than for the cooldown to get recharged.

Even at just level 26, with a few of the above sets + 2 or 3 LoTGs, I only have 30 secs downtime between dom cycles, a but that's not the issue, refilling the bar i.e. killing a LOT of mobs quickly, after the cycle ends, is far more of an issue for me while soloing... 

Posted (edited)

Domination can only be activated while your Domination bar is full

Your Domination bar stays full while Domination is active.

So...

If Domination recharges before it expires, you can activate it straight away because your Domination bar is already full!

I do have to build it up first, which takes maybe half a mission solo? But after that, by having Dom on autofire and wither pressing Hasten manually or having +123% rech or more, I never lose it until I log off or die.

That's the absolute beauty of Perma-Dom. Once you have the recharge you don't have those downtimes where you're building it up.

Edited by MonteCarla
  • Thanks 1

Fabulous, I get it now, cheers! :classic_biggrin:

Back to working on 2 or 3 more sets and a couple more LotG slots for my perma-dom then, yay!

----

At 65% - only a 24sec gap to bridge! :)

I wish there was a macro or some way to auto-fire Hasten, not just Domination - anyone have any suggestions pls? I know I'm going to forget all the time and miss hitting the Hasten button & therefore have my perma-dom drop... <sad monkey face>

Edited by Nostromo21
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, MonteCarla said:

Domination can only be activated while your Domination bar is full

Your Domination bar stays full while Domination is active.

So...

If Domination recharges before it expires, you can activate it straight away because your Domination bar is already full!

That's the absolute beauty of Perma-Dom. Once you have the recharge you don't have those downtimes where you're building it up.

Thats what I am saying what is supposed to happened, opposite of what you said is the results I keep getting.  Just as it hits recharge it expires and drains. Control + Left click = Auto any click is what I am trying for a passive recharge build with no hasten yet I am in bizzaro world of failure.

8 hours ago, MonteCarla said:

You got me panicking, Outrider! 🙂

So Perma-Dom doesn't appear to be broken unless you're on a knife's edge with recharge AND you background the game?

You are welcome to more paranoia, problem is it is passive and still fails every time. I got the SG buff for hasten and its working at 143% recharge, which I don't understand.  

Dropping Manuevers and picking up hasten puts at 180% recharge, Im gonna try rebuilding it.  Really tried for a passive Earth/Earth.  Maybe scrap some extra slots and slot up brawl with crushing impact in a no hasten build.  Would put it closer to 130% passive, I will have to consider it.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

OK, so it sounds like it's failing for you only when its on that knife's edge of 123.75% Recharge? Because that's when your window to reactivate Domination is less than a second. (It recharges in 89.3 seconds and only lasts 90 seconds)

I think this can fail due to lag?

The server has to tell your client that the power's recharged, then your client automatically presses the button for you, which then fires off to the server to tell it to activate the power on the server. If either of these messages are too slow, it might be the server gets the message too late.

I typically have Domination on auto-fire, but also set up Q and E to activate Domination and Hasten for convenience, and because I've sometimes seen Domination un-grey itself without activating straight away. Particularly in the mid-30s when I'm getting unreliable chain-Dom with Hasten, I tend to press that button.
If you're getting reliable perma-Dom with the SG base buff, then I'd say its' worth rebuilding with an extra 5% recharge to cover that gap. (Gives you 87.4 second recharge with that extra Crushing Impact set, so 2.6 second leeway instead of 0.7 seconds.) 

13 hours ago, MonteCarla said:

OK, so it sounds like it's failing for you only when its on that knife's edge of 123.75% Recharge? Because that's when your window to reactivate Domination is less than a second. (It recharges in 89.3 seconds and only lasts 90 seconds)

I think this can fail due to lag?

Don't think its lag, but I just realized that after testing it in the parking lot of Portal corps for employees it might be the Ice based Possessed Scientists with slow yet I have the Winter IO 20% resist to slow, I could be off by milliseconds of a delay. Tested out my Gravity/Psi dominator against the DE around the back of Portal corps, no slow and they are grey yet it does the same thing.

It could be lag, on the NetGraph is is PING: 187 yet the green looks pretty much like fresh cut lawn.  Spikes are tiny, and that ping is playable since like forever 2004 Im used to mild numbers like that.  Of course it might be the computer as well, its like 7 years old and been acting odd lately like shutting down while Im asleep.

Have tweaked a new build to 135% recharge with 4 +Rech knockback IO procs.  Gives a good chance one of them will go off for 100% to mitigate slows.  Will try it out later today.

Domination has a 1.32s animation time.  Powers don't begin recharging until the animation time has elapsed.

At 123.75% global +Recharge, the recharge time for Domination is 89.39s.  89.39 + 1.32 = 90.71.

It's always worked that way.  ~126% (the lowest theoretical amount is 125.75%, but it's impossible to achieve that, as there are no combinations of set IOs and/or buffs which give that total.  126.25% is as close as you can get) has been the minimum global +Recharge for perma-Domination since Issue 5.  It's never been numerically possible to achieve perma-Domination with less than that, so you had some other source of +Recharge active on those two dominators, @Outrider_01.  Empowerment station +Recharge (20%), Offensive Amplifier (15%), teammates buffing you, something.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

Just curious if anyone knows of a good way to auto-pop Hasten, as I already have Domination as my auto-click power (and I think you can only have one)...?

Also, I assume the minimum 123.75% recharge is 50% or so coming from Hasten, which would also need to be perma for both skills to work effectively together.

Would love to be able to set up a macro and fire&forget Domination once I fill up my bar for the first time, but I know, you can't have everything, where would you put it? ;)

Actually, just googled auto powers and found this very old Gamespot article which suggests this might work: /bind h "powexec_auto hasten"

Is that actually as simple as it is lol? So, I CTRL-CLICK Domination (which seems to be persistent between logins, unless I completely drain my END); and then I just use above macro at start of session (or upon first Dom going off) and hey presto, that's it!?

----

NM - too good to be true - that bind just switches the auto-click from Domination to Hasten. If only there was a way to string both to auto fire... sigh

----

Here is an old thread I found on the topic with some clunky workarounds to get both auto-powers:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/4210-2-auto-powers/

Of course, this begs the questions, if you want to go perma-dom without Hasten, how the hell do you get 123-126% recharge without it lol? 8-/

Edited by Nostromo21

Working backwards from the Rule of 5:

5 x 10% (Purple sets for Melee, Melee AoE, Ranged and Ranged AoE, (or substitute Confuse for one of them) and Superior Ascendancy of the Dominator)

5 x LotG +7.5% (Manouvers+Vengeance, Weave/Hover/CJ, and Stealth+Grant Invisibility or  Indomitable Will+Link Minds) 

3 x Other 7.5% (Basilisks' Gaze x 2 and Sting of the Manticore)

That's 110%

You can then add 3 x 6.25% (Stupefy, Glimpse of the Abyss, Positrons's Blast, Decimation, Malaise) or 5% (Crushing Impact, Obliteration) to bring it to 125% or more.

It won't be cheap, but it's doable. 

And if you're willing to rely on the SG Base Empowerment buff, you can drop two purple sets.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MonteCarla said:

Working backwards from the Rule of 5:

5 x 10% (Purple sets for Melee, Melee AoE, Ranged and Ranged AoE, (or substitute Confuse for one of them) and Superior Ascendancy of the Dominator)

5 x LotG +7.5% (Manouvers+Vengeance, Weave/Hover/CJ, and Stealth+Grant Invisibility or  Indomitable Will+Link Minds) 

3 x Other 7.5% (Basilisks' Gaze x 2 and Sting of the Manticore)

That's 110%

You can then add 3 x 6.25% (Stupefy, Glimpse of the Abyss, Positrons's Blast, Decimation, Malaise) or 5% (Crushing Impact, Obliteration) to bring it to 125% or more.

It won't be cheap, but it's doable. 

And if you're willing to rely on the SG Base Empowerment buff, you can drop two purple sets.

Ouch! The superior purples would be a killer for me - I was just happy I could get the normal Ascendancy of the Dominator for 8.25% lol! I guess I'll just get used to having dom on auto-cast, and I'll double-bind my WASD keys to casting Hasten as well - if that's not enough I can do a keyboard macro with my Razer to hit some bind key like 'H' every second or two to 'manually' cast it, so long as that's not going to get me into trouble, ahem. :classic_unsure:

Edited by Nostromo21