RIP Carl Weathers

American actor, director, and American Football player Carl Weathers passed yesterday at home at 76. I knew him best from his roles in Rocky and Predator. Rest in peace Mr. Weathers.

5478577.jpg?width=280&sharpen=true

• Like 2

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

A big loss.  His kindness and intelligence were really front-and-center in a number of behind-the-scenes videos I've seen over the last few years.

This is going to greatly complicate matters for the production crew of The Mandalorian.  I don't know how far along in season 4 the show's development is, but Carl played one of the strong supporting roles and has been directing episodes each season.  While someone likely could step in to take over directing, recasting his character this late in the show would be problematic. 

From what I've been reading on the socials, he does also seem to have been an absolute trouper.

From Sarah Watson (Parenthood TV series' writer)...

Spoiler

One of my favorite Hollywood memories. We were shooting one of my first eps of TV ever and the director asked me if I minded if his "actor friend" came to set to shadow since he was interested in directing. I said sure. The next day his "actor friend" showed up and I tried not to freak out as CARL EFFING WEATHERS sat next to me at video village! Between shots we talked about the business and life and he was so lovely and humble and just an absolute gem. He made a young writer feel so special.

EDIT: I also like that Carl did so many games and voiceworks over the years...

....I wonder if they gave him the action figures?

Edited by ThaOGDreamWeaver
  • Thumbs Up 1

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND... HEY, GET YOUR OWN DAMN SIGNATURE.

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.