Best Macro Builds with a Nostromo PC Gaming Keypad?

Filmgrouch

Hey there, OG player from back in the day. And I dusted off my old Nostromo PC Gaming Keypad to play again after a 12-year hiatus. I am looking for suggestions or best practice guides for incorporating it into my gameplay. 

I know I used it, but I just can't figure out how I used it for maximum efficiency. So, any builds/suggestions/tips would be helpful. 

Like Macros for my pets, or the old "WASZ" up, left, right, down thing, or what the heck did I use this thing for?! 🤔

I was kind of shocked it still works after all these years! 

Also, how does everyone manage to shuffle their multiple rows of powers at the higher levels? I feel like the Pad played a part in that too, pun intended.

• 2 weeks later
On 2/8/2024 at 6:55 AM, Filmgrouch said:

Hey there, OG player from back in the day. And I dusted off my old Nostromo PC Gaming Keypad to play again after a 12-year hiatus. I am looking for suggestions or best practice guides for incorporating it into my gameplay. 

I know I used it, but I just can't figure out how I used it for maximum efficiency. So, any builds/suggestions/tips would be helpful.

My impression over the years is that CoX is just so resolutely WASD that almost no controller solution brings even equivalent "ease," much less any improvement. Those keybutton/mouse controllers, though, were pretty much designed for this era of game, so... if you're willing to put in the time, it could be an asset, or at least 'different.'

I point you to the Technical Guide (www.Shenanigunner.com) for all the current possibilities that can be bound to keys, including some very tricky multistage binds that can multiply that keyset. What you assign to the keypad, and for what alts... that's on you.

• Thanks 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com