what do I need to know?

Scarlet Shocker

So I'm referencing this post:

I've played a couple of Brutes in the past and had a Mace/SR brute on live.

I have never played Staff ever and rarely play melee so advice on what to look for in brutes and Staff/ST generally would be appreciated.

T.I.A.

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

Not sure how general you're looking for. Brutes are fairly simple to build and play. One thing to note is that due to fury you can devote more slots to your armour set while levelling than other melee archetypes. Brutes are possibly the best low level characters because of that.

Staff is fairly straightforward. Your secondary is super reflexes right? That's pretty straightforward too. I like it on brutes actually. Build for softcaps obviously and try to get a baseline of resistance in so the scaling resistance from the passives has something to build on.

One tip that I find really benefits characters who lack a self heal is to make yourself an 'eat green inspiration' macro and put it in your power tray where you'd normally put a self heal power. I go a step further and adjust my usual 'create red insps' macros to leave greens behind so I can still fuel my offense while maintaining my emergency supply.

• Microphone 2

7 hours ago, Parabola said:

Not sure how general you're looking for. Brutes are fairly simple to build and play. One thing to note is that due to fury you can devote more slots to your armour set while levelling than other melee archetypes. Brutes are possibly the best low level characters because of that.

Staff is fairly straightforward. Your secondary is super reflexes right? That's pretty straightforward too. I like it on brutes actually. Build for softcaps obviously and try to get a baseline of resistance in so the scaling resistance from the passives has something to build on.

One tip that I find really benefits characters who lack a self heal is to make yourself an 'eat green inspiration' macro and put it in your power tray where you'd normally put a self heal power. I go a step further and adjust my usual 'create red insps' macros to leave greens behind so I can still fuel my offense while maintaining my emergency supply.

Thanks - that's useful. I hadn't thought of the lack of Self-Heal. Do you know the macro I could use?

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

Eat greens:

/macro_image "Inspiration_Health_Lvl_3" "Mmm" "insp_exec_name Respite$$insp_exec_name Dramatic_Improvement$$insp_exec_name Resurgence"

Combine to red leaving greens:

/macro_image "Inspiration_Damage_Lvl_1" "red" "inspcombine Sturdy Enrage$$inspcombine Insight Enrage$$inspcombine Luck Enrage$$inspcombine Break_Free Enrage$$inspcombine Catch_A_Breath Enrage"

/macro_image "Inspiration_Damage_Lvl_2" "Red" "inspcombine Keen_Insight Focused_Rage$$inspcombine Take_A_Breather Focused_Rage$$inspcombine Rugged Focused_Rage$$inspcombine Good_Luck Focused_Rage"

Eat reds:

/macro_image "Inspiration_Damage_Lvl_3" "Boom" "insp_exec_name enrage$$insp_exec_name Focused_Rage$$insp_exec_name Righteous_Rage"

Turn off protection, resurrection and all large inspirations at ptw. I also turn off mediums until my tray is large enough that they don't clog it up.

• Thanks 1