Seismic/Fire Build Help

icehero

If your goal is to make a very tanky Sentinel, then I believe you've achieved that. One thing to make note of is that as a resist set, Fire has no defense debuff resistance. Just something to be aware of if you do content with that.

I'll break down some quick suggestions that I highly suggest first:

• Replace Char with Stalagmite. With full Seismic stacks Stalagmite becomes the strongest or nearly the strongest single target ranged attack in the game. You can then use your Seismic stacks for single target Stalagmite, quick aoe Rock Shards, or reduce all your Seismic attack cooldowns with Seismic Force.
  • Your single target rotation is slightly slow. Without Agility you have Entomb 5s rech, Gravestone 4.75s, Cremate 3.5s. The cast time's however are 2s, 1.67s, 1.5s respectively. Stalagmite should alleviate this somewhat.
  • Meteor needs a kb-kd or enemies will go flying.
  • Healing Flames could ideally use some heal boosting.
  • Definitely find a slot for Hasten to give it 2 50+5 recharges.
  • You need more knockback protection, you only have mag 1.

The next suggestions are more controversial and are mainly focused around concept. While very tanky, it seems a shame not to lean into recharge a bit more and perma Hasten on a Sentinel. One of the Sentinel selling points is that they have the fastest recharging T9 nukes. With max Seismic stacks, hitting Seismic Force drastically reduces recharge on Meteor, making it the fastest recharging nuke in the game.

For regular content that's not Fire Farms, maybe you could try:

• Drop Fire/Cold def by ~10%. Keep the focus on melee defense that you have as Seismic is best played on the ground. You should still be fairly tanky across the board in Fire Farms and a purple inspiration should softcap you.
  • Switch Aegis set in Healing Flames to a heal set or frankenslot for heal/recharge.
  • Redeploy a few slots that you gain from reducing fire/cold def to recharge.
  • Your end management is slightly off.

I took your build and sat with it a minute to make my proposed changes. I also just repicked where you have some powers for exemping if you wanted. With this, you can still run with Agility to help everything out and you have 4.3s off perma Hasten. You've got 42.3 melee def, 35.4 Fire/Cold, and decent everywhere else. A purple inspiration can softcap Fire. Resistances are roughly the same as where they were before. Healing Flames slotted for heals and Meteor 25s recharge. This also makes your single target chain more reliable.

TL;DR This build gives you moar and faster dmg at the cost of some Fire/Cold defense.

Sentinel (Seismic Blast - Fiery Aura).mbd

On 2/18/2024 at 2:45 PM, Wimbochismo said:

If your goal is to make a very tanky Sentinel, then I believe you've achieved that. One thing to make note of is that as a resist set, Fire has no defense debuff resistance. Just something to be aware of if you do content with that.

I'll break down some quick suggestions that I highly suggest first:

• Replace Char with Stalagmite. With full Seismic stacks Stalagmite becomes the strongest or nearly the strongest single target ranged attack in the game. You can then use your Seismic stacks for single target Stalagmite, quick aoe Rock Shards, or reduce all your Seismic attack cooldowns with Seismic Force.
  • Your single target rotation is slightly slow. Without Agility you have Entomb 5s rech, Gravestone 4.75s, Cremate 3.5s. The cast time's however are 2s, 1.67s, 1.5s respectively. Stalagmite should alleviate this somewhat.
  • Meteor needs a kb-kd or enemies will go flying.
  • Healing Flames could ideally use some heal boosting.
  • Definitely find a slot for Hasten to give it 2 50+5 recharges.
  • You need more knockback protection, you only have mag 1.

The next suggestions are more controversial and are mainly focused around concept. While very tanky, it seems a shame not to lean into recharge a bit more and perma Hasten on a Sentinel. One of the Sentinel selling points is that they have the fastest recharging T9 nukes. With max Seismic stacks, hitting Seismic Force drastically reduces recharge on Meteor, making it the fastest recharging nuke in the game.

For regular content that's not Fire Farms, maybe you could try:

• Drop Fire/Cold def by ~10%. Keep the focus on melee defense that you have as Seismic is best played on the ground. You should still be fairly tanky across the board in Fire Farms and a purple inspiration should softcap you.
  • Switch Aegis set in Healing Flames to a heal set or frankenslot for heal/recharge.
  • Redeploy a few slots that you gain from reducing fire/cold def to recharge.
  • Your end management is slightly off.

I took your build and sat with it a minute to make my proposed changes. I also just repicked where you have some powers for exemping if you wanted. With this, you can still run with Agility to help everything out and you have 4.3s off perma Hasten. You've got 42.3 melee def, 35.4 Fire/Cold, and decent everywhere else. A purple inspiration can softcap Fire. Resistances are roughly the same as where they were before. Healing Flames slotted for heals and Meteor 25s recharge. This also makes your single target chain more reliable.

TL;DR This build gives you moar and faster dmg at the cost of some Fire/Cold defense.

Sentinel (Seismic Blast - Fiery Aura).mbd 42.98 kB · 3 downloads

This is awesome advice thank you!

Def think ill have different build for general content compared to farm.

So looking over your build made a few adjustments. Im trying squeeze 2% more for fire defense without going agility incarnate and switching it to musculature for more dmg.

Sentinel (Seismic Blast - Fiery Aura).mbd

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, icehero said:

This is awesome advice thank you!

Def think ill have different build for general content compared to farm.

So looking over your build made a few adjustments. Im trying squeeze 2% more for fire defense without going agility incarnate and switching it to musculature for more dmg.

Sentinel (Seismic Blast - Fiery Aura).mbd 42.35 kB · 0 downloads

Yuppers! Winter sets work very well and cover many bases but if you're trying to squeeze in extra things like recharge, melee defense etc? Suddenly by replacing them you're giving up huge bonuses.

I believe you've achieved a satisfactory compromise for your needs. Solid job! It's more difficult to achieve perma Hasten with your additional requirements. Here, Seismic mechanics can help make up for being ~15s off perma and partially cover that gap for you. With Seismic attacks reducing the recharge of other Seismic powers by 1s.

Quick efficiency remarks: Switch the regular enhancements in Hasten for the Invention versions and +5 em. At about 1.8 net gain endurance, you're right about where you need to be. With the steady healing in Cauterize Blaze and (small) heal in Healing Flames, you might not need Power Transfer heal proc in Stamina. If you find yourself needing end you could do Perf Shifter end proc in Stamina and Muscle Radial instead.

This will work just great in normal content. The emphasis on melee defense, side addition of aoe def, heavy resistances, cc protection, and access to heals will do well. I should have rephrased that earlier. The only thing this build might fall short on now is perma Hasten and additional dmg in the form of procs. This is negated by having 4 single target attacks and a huge number of aoe attacks.

If you're trying to reach 45% perfectly? I don't think it matters that much or at least coming in slightly under isn't a huge detriment. I think? Fire Farming was made harder recently with targets over cap taking potshots typed as "ranged" or something. Not a pro at Fire Farming.

Only other thing I can say is that this thing will be crazy expensive with 8 purp sets 😭 But you're a Fire Farmer so it might be ok.

15 minutes ago, Wimbochismo said:

Yuppers! Winter sets work very well and cover many bases but if you're trying to squeeze in extra things like recharge, melee defense etc? Suddenly by replacing them you're giving up huge bonuses.

I believe you've achieved a satisfactory compromise for your needs. Solid job! It's more difficult to achieve perma Hasten with your additional requirements. Here, Seismic mechanics can help make up for being ~15s off perma and partially cover that gap for you. With Seismic attacks reducing the recharge of other Seismic powers by 1s.

Quick efficiency remarks: Switch the regular enhancements in Hasten for the Invention versions and +5 em. At about 1.8 net gain endurance, you're right about where you need to be. With the steady healing in Cauterize Blaze and (small) heal in Healing Flames, you might not need Power Transfer heal proc in Stamina. If you find yourself needing end you could do Perf Shifter end proc in Stamina and Muscle Radial instead.

This will work just great in normal content. The emphasis on melee defense, side addition of aoe def, heavy resistances, cc protection, and access to heals will do well. I should have rephrased that earlier. The only thing this build might fall short on now is perma Hasten and additional dmg in the form of procs. This is negated by having 4 single target attacks and a huge number of aoe attacks.

If you're trying to reach 45% perfectly? I don't think it matters that much or at least coming in slightly under isn't a huge detriment. I think? Fire Farming was made harder recently with targets over cap taking potshots typed as "ranged" or something. Not a pro at Fire Farming.

Only other thing I can say is that this thing will be crazy expensive with 8 purp sets 😭 But you're a Fire Farmer so it might be ok.

You make very valid points. Iv looked at this thing and I cant see anything being switched to benefit more then what it already is!

Thank you so much for your help!

I already have all the IOs saved in storage haha :) the problem might be saving a 2nd build for general content

• Thumbs Up 1