Need Help fixing/fine-tuning my Symp/Time

Chax

new player here ( first month, and it's been very enjoyable so far )

just got my 2nd ATO set recently, and having some trouble trying to compromise.

previously, i had more range, was a tad bit more flexible on the slotting because i only had 1 set. now trying to go for maximum control duration ( a bit more accurate to say it's what i think is max ) but i kinda miss my range (also my smash/lethal resist) 😕

with my short experience with it so far, i find myself not liking these powers :

Enfeebling Lullaby ( very impractical in team settings )

Reverberant ( probably just because my lack of experience, but i find it very underwhelming. i tend to stay in the back, and it stays in my back )

Time Crawl and Time Stop ( accuracy issues )

anyway, this is what i came up with. any help is appreciated.

Spoiler

1.thumb.png.03038b19d78aba7986f98a580904c592.png

need more range - Controller (Symphony Control - Time Manipulation).mbd

============

23/02/20204 edit :

============

consulted somebody on discord, here's the (planned) updated version. 

planned.mbd 

reached perma Chrono-Haste. but eventually had to settle to either Cardiac or Intuition for extra range option ( which was i was trying to avoid ).

and apparently, i underestimated the End consumption of chrono-haste. will need some more tweaking.

here's what i'm currently running with (because HO is expensive 😌)

temp.mbd

on the side note : is this too much LoTG ?

Edited by Chax
updating progress.
  • Like 1

On 2/19/2024 at 7:48 PM, Chax said:

new player here ( first month, and it's been very enjoyable so far )

just got my 2nd ATO set recently, and having some trouble trying to compromise.

previously, i had more range, was a tad bit more flexible on the slotting because i only had 1 set. now trying to go for maximum control duration ( a bit more accurate to say it's what i think is max ) but i kinda miss my range (also my smash/lethal resist) 😕

with my short experience with it so far, i find myself not liking these powers :

Enfeebling Lullaby ( very impractical in team settings )

Reverberant ( probably just because my lack of experience, but i find it very underwhelming. i tend to stay in the back, and it stays in my back )

Time Crawl and Time Stop ( accuracy issues )

anyway, this is what i came up with. any help is appreciated.

Hide contents

1.thumb.png.03038b19d78aba7986f98a580904c592.png

need more range - Controller (Symphony Control - Time Manipulation).mbd 43.04 kB · 14 downloads

============

23/02/20204 edit :

============

consulted somebody on discord, here's the (planned) updated version. 

planned.mbd 43.57 kB · 6 downloads  

reached perma Chrono-Haste. but eventually had to settle to either Cardiac or Intuition for extra range option ( which was i was trying to avoid ).

and apparently, i underestimated the End consumption of chrono-haste. will need some more tweaking.

here's what i'm currently running with (because HO is expensive 😌)

temp.mbd 43.65 kB · 7 downloads

on the side note : is this too much LoTG ?

I have this combo and really enjoy it, its one of my favourites. Slowed Response-Hymn of Dissodance-Time crawl-Time Stop-Hymn of Dissodance will stack holds and debuffs on hard targets making them very easy to take down. With the last issues bump to GM's i'm finding more use for time crawl than ever. I also love the pet it does some useful attacks and takes interesting enhances. If you thought your original build was endurance heavy wait til you try that planned build, it'll leave you sucking wind within 20 seconds, Chrono Shift is not the endurance tool it appears to be and when you have the flight pool its very easy to leave fly+evasive running and not realise it.

Big point. Theres something called the 'rule of five' As in 5 set bonuses from enhances will stack but if you stick the same bonus in- as in the planned build where there's 6 luck of the gambler 7.5% recharge in the 5th piece/set bonus is wasted (there's a few ways round this but when i see a build with 6 luck of the gamblers in and that many end heavy toggles running i start to wonder if the discord was giving you some bad advice or intending you to run ageless destiny for end game and recovery serums for low lvl content)

I still can't export mids and i lost my build, with the game on maintenance i can't check what i run. I do know that i don't take sorcery pool often, i prefer psi mastery for indom will. I skip a lot of defence on /time toons, Times Juncture makes up for that. I might run something like this if i wanted sorcery. Something to look at, its easy to shuffle in levi mastery if you want that water spout. You get so much recharge from /time and hasten you can toss in a lot of chance for damage pieces in the cones, so i treat the fear and sleep cones differently than with other secondaries and use them for damage instead of control.

Screenshot (6).png

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/27/2024 at 10:03 PM, Meknomancer said:

i start to wonder if the discord was giving you some bad advice

oh, no no. i'm entirely to blame for this mishap. they suggested a build with super jump, but i feel really uneasy with no flight power, then i made some change without double checking it to the said person. i only noticed ingame that my profile only listed 5 LoTG instead of 6.

i see that you put procs inside Dreadful Discord. how good is it? my understanding is that they proc less on an AoE. i was actually considering that. and i did proc out my Dissonance now, haha.

anyway, i'm really fussing too much about defense (and in turn, would lean towards defense bonus instead of accuracy). i should really revisit time crawl and time stop now that i've reached lv 50.

and thank you for the useful reference 😄

1 hour ago, Chax said:

oh, no no. i'm entirely to blame for this mishap. they suggested a build with super jump, but i feel really uneasy with no flight power, then i made some change without double checking it to the said person. i only noticed ingame that my profile only listed 5 LoTG instead of 6.

i see that you put procs inside Dreadful Discord. how good is it? my understanding is that they proc less on an AoE. i was actually considering that. and i did proc out my Dissonance now, haha.

anyway, i'm really fussing too much about defense (and in turn, would lean towards defense bonus instead of accuracy). i should really revisit time crawl and time stop now that i've reached lv 50.

and thank you for the useful reference 😄

Draeadful Discord is hit and miss, sometimes its a mini nuke and sometimes it isn't but it recharges so fast its a good source of mob dps, cycling that with enfeebling lullaby and aria of stasis, i'd like to proc out the aoe immob too but the AT set has to go somewhere and i don't want to toss it in the single target hold i prefer the proc damage from that. Thats not my build, i didn't take sorcery on mine i don't mind no flight, i prefer superspeed with combat jumping.