Invul tanker/brute and +def all questions

malewitch40

Was wondering if other than spending millions on those set pieces, is there abilities which boost my protection against psi attacks?  Does Stealth?  Does Leaderships Maneuvers?  Does Weave? Does Combat Jumping?   I see many of these powers on Mids saying +def vs all, does that include psionics or not?

Any help appreciated!  

5 hours ago, malewitch40 said:

Was wondering if other than spending millions on those set pieces, is there abilities which boost my protection against psi attacks?  Does Stealth?  Does Leaderships Maneuvers?  Does Weave? Does Combat Jumping?   I see many of these powers on Mids saying +def vs all, does that include psionics or not?

Any help appreciated!  

Your best bet with invul is the imperium armor +psi in 5 of the res powers - combine that with other +psi and toxic set bonuses and you should be able to get to 70+ easily. 

Lastly you can use a combination of Weave, combat jumping and defense set bonuses to get melee defense softcapped and the other two high enough to matter against psi and toxic there also. 

Maneuvers and stealth works also - I personally don't usually go that route because of theme. 

6 hours ago, malewitch40 said:

I'm pretty sure all those +Def pool powers give Psi defense now (they didn't use to.) But Invulnerability isn't as weak to Psi damage as it used to be, either. Unyielding, Resist Energies and Unstoppable all give Psi resistance. Invincibility gives a little Psi defense. It's not a big deal anymore.

• Thumbs Up 1

I agree: Invulnerability (on Homecoming) doesn't have to worry so much about Psi damage, with a caveat.

When Psi enemies appear, the biggest issue with them IMO is that there are several groups that are not easily gathered (because they have mostly/exclusively long ranged attacks) and so Invincibility is less likely to be  boosting a Tanker's Defenses (when a non-ranged dogpile is defeated). IMO knowing that there are groups that don't "swarm" a Tanker (IDF, Seers, Rularuu for example) is my favorite reason to leverage slotting choices that most Invulnerable Tankers will do anyway, like picking/slotting

• Positional defense boosts (Weave, Maneuvers, Combat Jumping)
  • Scaling Damage Resistance
  • +Heal/%Absorb

...And of course there are individual pieces that can layer on extra resistances, as well as set bonuses. I do typically add a little bit more Psi Resistance to Invulnerables but only after planning to hit (some/all) of the bullet points above.