LFG chat adjustment

If at all possible, I would like to urge a small but very impactful change to the group organizing chat channel, (LFG).

I propose that the individual using that channel has their font tinted to either red or blue depending on alignment. Why?

Because not everyone played during live. Not everyone is familiar with the language of abbreviations that the COH community has developed. Simply seeing the advertised group content as either red or blue will immediately reduce the amount of unqualified 'tells' made by people who don't know any better.

Spares embarrassment, and delivers an overall better experience, as it makes sifting through that busy chat box to find relevant content easier.     

That won't necessarily work, because as a Rogue I form stuff blue side, and Vigilantes can form things red side.  Whenever I form things red side, I specifically mention in the LFG message that it is red side.

Also, there shouldn't be any embarrassment.  If you're forming content red side, and someone blue side wants to join, you can walk him or her through how to switch alignment and join you.  I've done it numerous times.  If they don't want to change alignment and go red side, then no harm no foul.  And in all of my years playing, I've never encountered someone red side who didn't know how to go blue side.

Edited by Lunar Ronin

1 hour ago, KillstardoAbominate said:

I propose that the individual using that channel has their font tinted to either red or blue depending on alignment.

There are no fewer than five alignments in the game (more depending on how granular you want to be Goldside).

1 hour ago, KillstardoAbominate said:

Not everyone is familiar with the language of abbreviations that the COH community has developed.

One of the things everyone has to do when they join a new community is learn to sling the lingo.  And saving them from learning this one teeny bit isn't actually all that useful.

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)