help with a rolling keybind

LKN-351

So I made a character that I wanted him to spout somewhat random funny quotes during skirmishes. I set it up with 14 txt files with 6 different keys that would speak and then change all the comments at the same time when I click certain powers. I had hoped that with that many files it wouldnt seem to say the same things near as often but running through a few TFs with him it seemed like it says the same lines way too often but I'm not sure how to fix it.

heres how the files are currently set up, the file change pattern continues through all 14 files just the same way. X is for when I die and Z is for when something dies.

Spoiler

MM.txt

6 "local quote 1$$powexec_slot 6$$bindloadfilesilent "C:\Games\binds\MM (6).txt"
Q "local quote 2$$powexec_altslot 1$$bindloadfilesilent "C:\Games\binds\MM (5).txt"
R "local quote 3$$powexec_altslot 4$$bindloadfilesilent "C:\Games\binds\MM (4).txt"
T "local quote 4$$powexec_altslot 5$$bindloadfilesilent "C:\Games\binds\MM (3).txt"
X "local somthing died quote$$bindloadfilesilent "C:\Games\binds\MM (2).txt"
Z "local I died quote$$bindloadfilesilent "C:\Games\binds\MM (2).txt"

MM (1)

6 "local quote 5$$powexec_slot 6$$bindloadfilesilent "C:\Games\binds\MM (5).txt"
Q "local quote 6$$powexec_altslot 1$$$$bindloadfilesilent "C:\Games\binds\MM (4).txt"
R "local quote 7$$powexec_altslot 4$$bindloadfilesilent "C:\Games\binds\MM (3).txt"
T "local quote 8$$powexec_altslot 5$$bindloadfilesilent "C:\Games\binds\MM (2).txt"
X "local somthing died quote$$bindloadfilesilent "C:\Games\binds\MM (2).txt"
Z "local I died quote$$bindloadfilesilent "C:\Games\binds\MM (2).txt"

MM (2)

6 "local quote 9$$powexec_slot 6$$bindloadfilesilent "C:\Games\binds\MM (7).txt"
Q "local quote 10$$powexec_altslot 1$$bindloadfilesilent "C:\Games\binds\MM (6).txt"
R "local quote 11$$powexec_altslot 4$$bindloadfilesilent "C:\Games\binds\MM (5).txt"
T "local quote 12$$powexec_altslot 5$$bindloadfilesilent "C:\Games\binds\MM (4).txt"
X "local somthing died quote$$bindloadfilesilent "C:\Games\binds\MM (3).txt"
Z "local I died quote$$bindloadfilesilent "C:\Games\binds\MM (3).txt"

MM (3)

6 "local quote 13$$powexec_slot 6$$bindloadfilesilent "C:\Games\binds\MM (8).txt"
Q "local quote 14$$powexec_altslot 1$$bindloadfilesilent "C:\Games\binds\MM (7).txt"
R "local quote 15$$powexec_altslot 4$$bindloadfilesilent "C:\Games\binds\MM (6).txt"
T "local quote 16$$powexec_altslot 5$$bindloadfilesilent "C:\Games\binds\MM (5).txt"
X "local somthing died quote$$bindloadfilesilent "C:\Games\binds\MM (4).txt"
Z "local I died quote$$bindloadfilesilent "C:\Games\binds\MM (4).txt"

MM (4)

6 "local quote 17$$powexec_slot 6$$bindloadfilesilent "C:\Games\binds\MM (9).txt"
Q "local quote 18$$powexec_altslot 1$$bindloadfilesilent "C:\Games\binds\MM (8).txt"
R "local quote 19$$powexec_altslot 4$$bindloadfilesilent "C:\Games\binds\MM (7).txt"
T "local quote 20$$powexec_altslot 5$$bindloadfilesilent "C:\Games\binds\MM (6).txt"
X "local somthing died quote$$bindloadfilesilent "C:\Games\binds\MM (5).txt"
Z "local I died quote$$bindloadfilesilent "C:\Games\binds\MM (5).txt"

MM (5)

6 "local quote 21$$powexec_slot 6$$bindloadfilesilent "C:\Games\binds\MM (10).txt"
Q "local quote 22$$powexec_altslot 1$$bindloadfilesilent "C:\Games\binds\MM (9).txt"
R "local quote 23$$powexec_altslot 4$$bindloadfilesilent "C:\Games\binds\MM (8).txt"
T "local quote 24$$powexec_altslot 5$$bindloadfilesilent "C:\Games\binds\MM (7).txt"
X "local somthing died quote$$bindloadfilesilent "C:\Games\binds\MM (6).txt"
Z "local I died quote$$bindloadfilesilent "C:\Games\binds\MM (6).txt"

...and so on and so fourth....

I need some ideas how to make it more random and less repititious. I thought about just adding more quotes on the same keys I'm currently using but I feel like I'd run into the same issue.

I also thought about having the non-contextual quotes not be stuck to an invidual key (like quote 1 currently only goes on slot 6) but instead have the quotes be able to show up on any key.... but I have no idea how to set that up lol

Anyways, I hope someone can give me a better idea than what I've currently got cause I'm not satisfied and I'm hopefully not annoying my team mates with repeats.

Technically, it sounds like you have it set up properly. As for content... pretty much on you.

If these are power-bound comments, three suggestions:

• As we've pretty much all discovered on our own and are reminded by the noob in Atlas or on a lowbie team, any form of "The Thunder God smites thee!" on every instance of that attack gets old, real real fast.
  • Throw some blank files in the string so that the comment is both updated and irregular, from every other to every third or fourth activation.
  • Add another bind that toggles it on and off.
    • On: write a rolling bind string to the power key.
    • Off: write a no-bind string to the key.

I only have one remaining alt with such a setup, a staff fighter. The "multitudinous strikes" or whatever that pokes viciously at a foe's feet is just too stupid to ignore, so I use a rolling set of "Dance, you bastard!" and "Eek, eek, a mouse!" and a handful of others, bound to the 4 key with the power icon in slot 4. With blanks so it's not every time. SHIFT+4 writes in a no-bind string; ALT+4 writes in a starting chat-bind string.

• Like 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

I've been reluctant to make a post about this cause I'm really not sure how to articulate a proper explanation but overall I think you kind of get it. I don't want to be that guy that's spamming the same comment but even though theres 14 files and no quote is used twice in the bind my opening attack ends up using the same three quotes 90% of the time. I've been using the X key to make it more randomized and the T key (activates Haste, so only pressed as often as haste is up) was supposed to help that function as well but I may have to add in a blank bindloadfile on one of the low teir powers as well. I'll see if that gives me moreso what I'm looking for.

I had a pretty good feeling that the bind was set up right.... lol I did figure out how to do it from one of your posts a few years ago 😁

Make them all manual, bound to numpad keys. That gives you ~40 sayings to amuse your teammates with.

As noted, it's amusing in its sparing place, but a little goes a long way. Maybe note the on/off bind option and just turn it on for a few minutes at a time while teaming.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com