Origin Improvements Suggestions.

Hey all, I'm about to suggest one of my wacky ideas again. Ok, here it goes. 

I love the fact that they are adding new things into the game and don't want to stop their aspirations, but I feel that improving the base game would also make the game fresh. What if they made Origins more important than they are? What if access to new upgrades to epic pool powers were only available to certain archetypes? We can't take away something that everyone already has access to because that will feel bad, but what if they began creating a new Origins epic pool. For instance, Mutation could add a type of damage to attacks. I really don't know how it would work, but what do you guys think? Maybe it could work along my previous post about Weapon Mastery Pools that you get access to if you're a certain Origin. 

• Thumbs Down 3

7 minutes ago, ivioin said:

What if they made Origins more important than they are? What if access to new upgrades to epic pool powers were only available to certain archetypes? We can't take away something that everyone already has access to because that will feel bad, but what if they began creating a new Origins epic pool. For instance, Mutation could add a type of damage to attacks. I really don't know how it would work, but what do you guys think?

There'd be an uproar over one origin being numerically superior to all others and players feeling forced to select that.  The powers would have to be identical in every way to prevent that, differing only in animations (and even the animation times would have to be identical)... and then people would be upset because Origin X had animations that they wanted, but couldn't have because they were Origin H.

That's why Cryptic didn't do it, and why HC unlocked the origin power pools and probably won't try to replicate that attempt.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.